SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR-15 Grip -- No Screw. What Does This Mean?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-15 Grip -- No Screw. What Does This Mean? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Don't laugh at me just because I ask dumb questions.

The CDNN website offers an "AR-15 Grip No Screw" with no explanation.

Does anybody know whether this means that
  • a grip screw is required, but not included, or

• a screw is NOT required for this grip. If this is the case, how would the grip be retained?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not that I've seen it all, but I've never even heard of an AR15 grip that doesn't need a screw. I guess I'm voting "screw required but not included".

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

BINGO !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meaning use the one that comes off the old one.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
1/4-28 x 1" SS hex head screw if your grip doesn't have one.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It means if you send them money they will send you a grip and not screw you. (Much).....

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Meaning use the one that comes off the old one.

Who buys a gun/lower that comes with a non-A2 grip and replaces it with an A2 grip?

Anyone with more than 1 AR probably has at least one of these A2 grips lying around.

BTW, I second the suggestion on getting a hex screw. Makes "finding" the screw head with a screw driver so much easier than ye-olde-slotted-head screws.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Hell, if you want an A2 grip, I'll give you one of mine. Proving LDD's point

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjvgnslngr:
Hell, if you want an A2 grip, I'll give you one of mine. Proving LDD's point

I also have one that you can have, complete with screw.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A few of you have offered me an A2 grip. Now, my lack of knowledge is really coming to the surface.

What is the difference between an A2 grip and any other type of grip for the AR-15? Why would I want one vs the other?

I posted the original question because the CDNN listing was not clear to me. I was not sure whether they are selling a grip that is retained by some method other than a standard grip screw.

You might have figured out by now, I do not know very much at all about AR-15 rifles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
The A2 grip is pretty petite as it is made to work with any kind of glove including giant mittens. Some people like a bit more substance to their grips which is where the aftermarket grips come in all sorts of sizes and angles.

The A2 will work just fine. Aftermarket grips are like forward slide serrations on a pistol. Some people like them, but they are not mandatory.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'd assume "A" is the correct answer.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post