SIGforum
AR-15 Grip -- No Screw. What Does This Mean?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4360019344

July 03, 2018, 05:45 PM
V-Tail
AR-15 Grip -- No Screw. What Does This Mean?
Don't laugh at me just because I ask dumb questions.

The CDNN website offers an "AR-15 Grip No Screw" with no explanation.

Does anybody know whether this means that

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 03, 2018, 05:57 PM
Il Cattivo
Not that I've seen it all, but I've never even heard of an AR15 grip that doesn't need a screw. I guess I'm voting "screw required but not included".
July 03, 2018, 05:59 PM
GrumpyBiker
^^^^^^

BINGO !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

July 03, 2018, 06:14 PM
Blue Dog
Meaning use the one that comes off the old one.
July 03, 2018, 07:15 PM
Blackmore
1/4-28 x 1" SS hex head screw if your grip doesn't have one.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
July 03, 2018, 08:51 PM
Stlhead
It means if you send them money they will send you a grip and not screw you. (Much).....
July 03, 2018, 09:07 PM
LDD
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Meaning use the one that comes off the old one.

Who buys a gun/lower that comes with a non-A2 grip and replaces it with an A2 grip?

Anyone with more than 1 AR probably has at least one of these A2 grips lying around.

BTW, I second the suggestion on getting a hex screw. Makes "finding" the screw head with a screw driver so much easier than ye-olde-slotted-head screws.
July 03, 2018, 11:54 PM
jjvgnslngr
Hell, if you want an A2 grip, I'll give you one of mine. Proving LDD's point

Semper Fidelis
July 04, 2018, 01:46 PM
JPD217
quote:
Originally posted by jjvgnslngr:
Hell, if you want an A2 grip, I'll give you one of mine. Proving LDD's point

I also have one that you can have, complete with screw.
July 04, 2018, 02:39 PM
V-Tail
A few of you have offered me an A2 grip. Now, my lack of knowledge is really coming to the surface.

What is the difference between an A2 grip and any other type of grip for the AR-15? Why would I want one vs the other?

I posted the original question because the CDNN listing was not clear to me. I was not sure whether they are selling a grip that is retained by some method other than a standard grip screw.

You might have figured out by now, I do not know very much at all about AR-15 rifles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 04, 2018, 02:48 PM
guardianangel762
The A2 grip is pretty petite as it is made to work with any kind of glove including giant mittens. Some people like a bit more substance to their grips which is where the aftermarket grips come in all sorts of sizes and angles.

The A2 will work just fine. Aftermarket grips are like forward slide serrations on a pistol. Some people like them, but they are not mandatory.

July 04, 2018, 04:45 PM
smschulz
I'd assume "A" is the correct answer.