SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Pistol Build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Pistol Build Login/Join 
posted
Just waiting on sights (Troy folding sights) and an optic (went with EOTech EXPS2).

BCM 300blk 9.5" upper

Radian safety selectors and charging handle

SB Tactical Brace

Local shop made the lower

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, what 'local shop' made the lower? Got any close up pics? I may be interested... Wink

Nice looking Pistol by the way! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Nice setup!

I'm waiting on 2 more parts to finish mine. 8.3" barrel with the 7" MCMR and SBA3 brace.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Sooo, what 'local shop' made the lower? Got any close up pics? I may be interested... Wink

Nice looking Pistol by the way! Cool

Thank you!

MacPherson Firearms in Brentwood. They're in that old castle-looking place that used to be a school.

Here's a pic I snapped the day I got it.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went by the shop where you got the lower from to see about buying one. They are out of them now but will be getting more in.

I like the logo on it, otherwise It is just a different lower.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done!

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That is really nice! What kind of muzzle break is that? I went with the Troy Industries Claymore as it redirects the blast forward (Front towards Enemy).

blast by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
That is really nice! What kind of muzzle break is that? I went with the Troy Industries Claymore as it redirects the blast forward (Front towards Enemy).

blast by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Thanks! The entire upper was bought assembled from BCM. This is their Comp. Mod 1. I have not had a chance to shoot it but hopefully will tomorrow. That is a great photo!

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks MikeNH,

I grabbed that from the video. I took it out again today. At 100 yards, it range the gong as long as I did my part and kept the dot on the target!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Latest pictures. I added an extended mag release, KNS Anti-rotation pins, and a BAD Lever. I also replaced my original Holosun with the reflex version.

Sep 16 LT by Dave Steier, on Flickr000

Sept 16 Rt by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
After my wife was done "Rolling her eyes", I got her to to film me this evening firing my AR Pistol with the Claymore muzzle break.

Night Blast 1 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Night Blast 2 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Night Blast 3 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

SloMo video:
https://flic.kr/p/2abnCWS

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I got mine finished up a couple weekends ago. It's an 8.3" 300BLK, waiting on my suppressor.

I can't figure out how to resize this to a normal size, so here's a link for now.

https://i.imgur.com/dUHtR1b.jpg

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I got mine finished up a couple weekends ago. It's an 8.3" 300BLK, waiting on my suppressor.

I can't figure out how to resize this to a normal size, so here's a link for now.

https://i.imgur.com/dUHtR1b.jpg

I like that Rustpot. What kind of brace is that?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
That is a SB Tactical SBA3 brace. I recently finished my AR9 with one.
I prefer it to most of the other braces out there.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Wow there are some really nice guns here. xl_target I really like that one.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Brownell's has the black SBA3 with the buffer extension on sale for $109.99 with a checkout code...plus free shipping on $99 or more...

https://www.brownells.com/hand...able-prod116831.aspx

I put the FDE (which is sold out) in my wish list for my .300 BO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I just built one too. Couldn't pass on the $399 complete Troy 10.5 300 blk upper from Primary Arms. $29 Anderson lower, PSA build kit with SBA3 pistol brace for $149. The $399 Troy upper comes with a $170 TRX Extreme MLOK rail and $160 worth of Troy flip up sights, a phenomenal deal all in.

I have a couple Magpul and Lancer 300 blackout specific magazines coming in, and some ammo too, will try to get out and shoot it soon.

Here is the upper I bought for $399.
https://www.primaryarms.com/tr...p-battlesights-black

Edit: Shot it today, perfect function with all ammo tried, Hornady 190 Sub X, S&B 200 sub, Federal American eagle 150, Armscor 147. Magpul 300 blackout and Lancer 300 blackout magazines worked perfectly.

All ammo functioned fine with a carbine and H buffer. I'd probably choose to run H buffer for subsonic loads, and H2 buffer for supersonic loads.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Wow there are some really nice guns here. xl_target I really like that one.

Thank You Pale Horse.
It took me three builds before I got it right.
This one runs very well.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post