SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Where ISN'T a shockwave legal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where ISN'T a shockwave legal? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I have one, mostly for fun. But recently thought it might make an nice traveling companion. Mostly a hypothetical question as the majority of my travel revolves around shooting and I have guns with me anyway.

So is there a list of places (states or municipalities) that they're definitely a no go?
(other than NYC, DC) Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
I don't believe they are legal in California. My brother looked into getting one and it was a no go.

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure it's even legal in NJ, which is a surprise.

Early on, I believe it was considered a "destructive device" in NJ, which made it illegal, but that was reversed, so now it's legal.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I'm pretty sure it's even legal in NJ, which is a surprise.

Early on, I believe it was considered a "destructive device" in NJ, which made it illegal, but that was reversed, so now it's legal.

The NJSP Firearms Unit sent an email to NJ FFLs essentially saying "We agree with the ATF."

The only way to know for sure is to a) be charged and b) successfully defend based on that email and NJ's frankly confusing laws (if it's a shotgun, it's not a destructive device, but its legality on NJ hinges on it NOT being a shotgun.)

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Ohio has some prohibition against it. Ky its legal and being sold locally. Yes, I have one.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While they are legal in Pennsylvania I know of at least three shops that won't sell them just to avoid any issues. Can't really blame them. It's not like it's a high dollar item.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
While they are legal in Pennsylvania I know of at least three shops that won't sell them just to avoid any issues. Can't really blame them. It's not like it's a high dollar item.

What kind of issues? It's a legal firearm...

Every shop I've ever been in has them. People just buy them cause they're different.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post