SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I wish there was a bench rest paper shooter board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish there was a bench rest paper shooter board Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
This site seems to have more grown men than any other I go to.
Finding a benchrest site that one can actually learn something or share knowledge on is scarce.
It's a real expensive hobby not to have descent web forms for.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I'll bet whatever benchrest topic you might want to talk about can be well-fielded here. We have some great rifle shooters here, try starting a topic on anything benchrest related . . .

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at 6mm Benchrest?

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to hang out at benchrest.com a lot. I haven't been there in a while though.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
None of our usual contributors have jumped in yet which would be unusual if they were active in formal benchrest shooting. Although I’m hardly an authority on any of the disciplines, I do know that there are many differences between benchrest and practical rifle shooting that is discussed here much more frequently. In PRS, for example, precision is obviously vital, but it involves many other factors that benchresters don’t have to deal with. It’s even claimed that shooting seated from a rest on a bench will result in a different point of impact than shooting prone with a bipod—something that I (seem to) have confirmed for myself. It’s also much more difficult to achieve a solid, consistent shooting position when shooting with a bipod rather than over a bench rest—something I can confirm without any hesitation.

None of that changes the fact that benchrest shooting is a demanding sport requiring high degrees of knowledge and skill to be competitive, just that its demands are not all the same as other types of precision shooting.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post