Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For you owners of the M4 Entry with collapsible stock, how comfortable is shooting with slugs and 3" rounds in general? I would imaging the fixed/full stock would be more comfortable, but any major complaints with the collapsible stock?

if you had a HK imported M3 Super 90 would you trade or sell it towards the M4 Entry?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will add another data point re: break in.

I recently acquired a LNIB M1S90 Tactical that had several failures firing 'low recoil' rounds in the first 50 or so shots.

Now after 300+ rounds fired it is 100% with everything including the exact rounds that were previously problematic.

So I vote 'shoot it more' as a possible fix. Smile

(the M1 is my HD long-arm loaded with 'full power' Winchester #1 Buckshot)

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:

Nordic components sells magazine tube springs for shotguns.

You could buy a couple and experiment with cutting them down until loading difficulty is reasonable.

It wasn’t the spring that was holding up, it was the “restrainer“ that holds the shells in the tube. I don’t know what it is called, but it is a small metal lever that you have to push past.

It's called the carrier latch. Some reading here:

http://forums.brianenos.com/to...iff-loading-benelli/

I tuned the catch on my M2 but had forgotten about it honestly.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
quote:
I may have done even better than expected. I noticed mine had an American Flag engraved on the side. Matching that with this article: https://www.benelliusa.com/new...imited-edition-m1014

I think this was one of the limited edition Benellis. Can anyone confirm? Mine has a flas in the same place as in the linked picture, just below the charging handle.

Yup, only M1014s had the american flag engraved. There were only 2500 of those made, I believe. I bought mine back somewhere in 2003/4.

The only thing with these is the receiver extension didn't have multiple positions. I swapped mine with the correct one from Numrich's.

Nice score.

Rob

Can you clarify what you mean by “reciever extension”? I can only assume you mean the bolt/long piece of metal that protrudes rearward from the reciever that the stock goes on to. Mine has 3 positions, are there supposed to be more?

Yes that's the part I'm referring to. My original M1014 did not allow the adjustable stock to adjust. The replacement part I got had more flats/notches cut into it to allow the stock to move to different positions. I've also heard of other owners having a smith machine in additional positions. It sounds like whoever had the gun before you did one of the two things mentioned above, as I believe the bone stock ones only came with a fixed "adjustable" stock, which was one of the downsides of that model.

Do you still have the retarded mag tube plug that prevents loading shells the full length of the tube, or did the previous owner swap out the whole assembly with a one piece American made one?

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one of the M1014s, but sold it. Aside from the non-adjustable stock, I believe it had an earlier gas system with only 2 gas ports instead of the 4 on later ones, which allowed better functioning with light loads.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the adjustable stock and it rattles my face.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post