SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I found a use for my Shockwave....hog skeet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found a use for my Shockwave....hog skeet Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
First day of deer hunting I got out of the stand around 10 to do a bit of a walk around. Our lease is surrounded by 50% thick growth that covers creekbeds and a couple crossable gullies and 50% pastures. Anyhow, I was checking the trails and heard a familar grunt and then a 120lb-ish hog popped out.

I was carrying my 6.8spc, it has a 18" barrel and wears a AAC 762sdn so it was like swinging Bessie at the damn thing. Shots but no blood Roll Eyes

So that got me thinking.....maybe bringing my SBR but 55gr TSX is less than ideal on a moving hog....then it dawned on me....the shockwave loaded with #1..... Big Grin

Hog skeet .....pull! "Grunt grunt" ....blam blam..."squeal"

I think I need the Rem autoloader Cool

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Heck, may as well use it for checking trails and potentially jumping one up close. Fast and handy is what they’re all about. Beyond “just because,” you may have found a legit purpose for owning it, lol.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
That's what I figured.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post