SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Which AR for $1000
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which AR for $1000 Login/Join 
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Colt, 6920 specifically.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best off the shelf AR15 hands down is the LWRC DI, true ambi lower, cold hammer forge fluted barrel, coated top of the line bcg, ambi charging handle, fit and finish is excellent (sorry guys but Colt can't touch LWRC DI quality). It is a heck of a rifle for the money, I have other rifles costing almost double that have same fit and finish. The best is you can find them for just a tad under $1000.00.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigproshooter
posted Hide Post
You can get a Ruger AR-556 here for $500. If it was me I would probably buy one of those and spend the rest on ammo, mags, sling and a decent optic.

Posts: 314 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigproshooter:
You can get a Ruger AR-556 here for $500. If it was me I would probably buy one of those and spend the rest on ammo, mags, sling and a decent optic.

The Ruger is a hobby rifle rather than a duty rifle, if going to shoot 300 rdns a year and maybe 1000rds for life of the rifle go for it.

https://youtu.be/9fbKI74990k

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post