SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX Charging Handle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Charging Handle Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted
Has anyone upgraded to one of the aftermarket charging handles for their MPX? I know there are a few on the market, Next Level Armament, Radian Weapons and now Geissele all around $90-$120. Which one have you guys gone with they all seem to alleviate the tilt and gouging from the factory handle?

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
Has anyone upgraded to one of the aftermarket charging handles for their MPX? I know there are a few on the market, Next Level Armament, Radian Weapons and now Geissele all around $90-$120. Which one have you guys gone with they all seem to alleviate the tilt and gouging from the factory handle?

Ive used both Radian and Geiselle on my AR's and would go with whichever you could get cheaper. All else being equal, get a Geiselle because its a great company.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
From what I've read, the Geissele does not include the lifter block that NLA and Radian use to eliminate the gouging. I've also read multiple reports of it being a very tight fit.

UPS is scheduled to deliver the Radian today, and can comment further once it's in my hands.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
Bull, what store did you order your Radian? I ordered one from Radian website last Friday, and it is still in process.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Ordered direct from them on the 11th. UPS had it delayed in Portland for 6 days. Radian's customer service will provide the tracking # if you didn't get the confirmation email. They upgraded their website, and had issues with the notifications.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I considered it, but just bought a new one for my AR and the Law Tactical folding stock thing, too. I definitely want to hear some reviews, though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Love the Radian on my MPX. Fit and finish are great, no more slop, plus it is solid. I didn’t realize just how flimsy the stock MPX charging handle was until I installed the Radian. Solid throughout the whole operation, definitely improves handling in my opinion. Glad I jumped on it! Cool

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Radian, Midway had them in stock. Now if Geissele would just come out with their MPX trigger...I hate the stock trigger, it's too darn heavy.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the NLA charging handle and am happy with it. Much better than the original part.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to report the Radian MPX charging handle is freakin' awesome. Works very well, glad I bought one!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MEshooter
posted Hide Post
I have a Next Level Armament MPX Ambi Charge Handle and there MPX Lifter Block. Both have worked well so far in my Gen2 Cool

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I went with the Next Level Armament CH and lifter block in my Gen2, mostly because "it was there when I was there". The back end of this CH still rubs against the receiver; it wore off the paint I put on to cover the exposed bare and cut metal left when the original CH ate off the anodizing and started in on the alloy. But at least the lifter insert helps prevent this CH from eating away further at the aluminum...at least I think it does. Time will tell.

Not sure at this time that I really like the NLA; its action off the right side is rather flimsy feeling and not particularly positive compared to the Raptors and ambi BCMs that I use on ARs. Aside from having extended 'wings' or activator levers over the factory CH, to me its activation feels only slightly better than what SIG initially installed on the gun. The big difference is that lifter insert, which in my mind would make even the factory CH more than acceptable without any need to completely change out. Not exactly a waste of money buying the whole kit instead of just the lifter block alone, but I don't feel that I got my money's worth either. YMMV.

Just 'cause I'm curious I may try the Radian to see if its as good as their AR units are.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:

Ive used both Radian and Geiselle on my AR's and would go with whichever you could get cheaper. All else being equal, get a Geiselle because its a great company.

I have seen that Geissele does not use the lifter block. In my history with them, Geissele, they must have a reason for this. Does anyone know why??
WARPIG-- thanks for your input on this thread

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
The Radian, and its spring plate, are rock solid and a really nice piece of kit.

Good luck!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
That was quick, thank you.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post