SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scope for a .22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a .22? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have a CZ 452 that I want to scope and I just need some suggestions, looking in the $200 price range.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Check out the offerings from Nikon. Base model prices start at around $100.
I have a rimfire Pro-Staff EFR Target Model 3x9 that was very sweet until I dropped the rifle it was on and ruined the scope.
Nikon has a new one in the mail, free, as I write.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.co...taff-target-efr.html

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-...d=1541293954&sr=8-18

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sfwa 10x, i have two of them. Fixed 10 power scope.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Check out the offerings from Nikon. Base model prices start at around $100.
I have a rimfire Pro-Staff EFR Target Model 3x9 that was very sweet until I dropped the rifle it was on and ruined the scope.
Nikon has a new one in the mail, free, as I write.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.co...taff-target-efr.html

I have this same one on my CZ 455, really like it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions for rings?mounts?

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I put EGW rails on my 455's, then I can use whatever rings I want. If not I believe you'll need some 11mm dovetailed rings? Probably higher than you'd like as you'll need to clear the bolt handle

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do some further research on the mounts. The claw type that fits the CZ is a bit different than the standard mount - ie picatinny mounts don’t work. Don’t remember a particular brand, but CZ I think does make mounts for their rifles. I have and use a “high” set, so my head in more vertical when I shoot.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Weaver 2.5-7x28

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 452 is one of my favorites. I have several. I put either a 4x rimfire leupold or the better variable 3-9 EFR. The dovetail is 3/8" but I normally get the EGW rail mount as its way more useful. I'm not sure the comments above about mounts but most but not all 3/8" dovetails should fit fine.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like the Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x40. Great value on a high quality US made optic. Right in your price range too.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes...0?selectedSku=174183

Cheers!

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 scopes, I have a few of them, dont see any reason to change, the freedom one would be a good choice too.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
The scope ring groove for the 452 American is 3/8ths but the other models are 11mm. BKL for scope rings.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input guys.

YAT-YAS

posted Hide Post
Make sure whatever scope you buy has an adjustable objective if you're serious about accuracy.

I use Burris Signature rimfire rings on my CZ rifles. Actually I use Burris Signature rings on all my rifles.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire with Leupold rings and it is a delightful combo on my Savage.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Mueller scopes. I have one on my
10/22 build and i'm extremely happy with it.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been very pleased with Warne rings on my CZs. Set the dimple up and left for 3/8ths and down and right for 11mm.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post