SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scope for a .22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for a .22? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have a CZ 452 that I want to scope and I just need some suggestions, looking in the $200 price range.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3108 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Check out the offerings from Nikon. Base model prices start at around $100.
I have a rimfire Pro-Staff EFR Target Model 3x9 that was very sweet until I dropped the rifle it was on and ruined the scope.
Nikon has a new one in the mail, free, as I write.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.co...taff-target-efr.html

Posts: 631 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Athlon-...d=1541293954&sr=8-18

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 6495 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sfwa 10x, i have two of them. Fixed 10 power scope.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
Check out the offerings from Nikon. Base model prices start at around $100.
I have a rimfire Pro-Staff EFR Target Model 3x9 that was very sweet until I dropped the rifle it was on and ruined the scope.
Nikon has a new one in the mail, free, as I write.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.co...taff-target-efr.html

I have this same one on my CZ 455, really like it.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posts: 4262 | Location: Willow Park, TX | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Any suggestions for rings?mounts?

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3108 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put EGW rails on my 455's, then I can use whatever rings I want. If not I believe you'll need some 11mm dovetailed rings? Probably higher than you'd like as you'll need to clear the bolt handle

Posts: 7217 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do some further research on the mounts. The claw type that fits the CZ is a bit different than the standard mount - ie picatinny mounts don’t work. Don’t remember a particular brand, but CZ I think does make mounts for their rifles. I have and use a “high” set, so my head in more vertical when I shoot.

Posts: 1306 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Weaver 2.5-7x28

Posts: 39977 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 452 is one of my favorites. I have several. I put either a 4x rimfire leupold or the better variable 3-9 EFR. The dovetail is 3/8" but I normally get the EGW rail mount as its way more useful. I'm not sure the comments above about mounts but most but not all 3/8" dovetails should fit fine.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 7215 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
I REALLY like the Leupold VX Freedom 3x9x40. Great value on a high quality US made optic. Right in your price range too.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes...0?selectedSku=174183

Cheers!

.45 ACP; Stops Jihad on contact..........

Posts: 20 | Location: California's Gold Coast | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my leupold vx1 rimfire 2-7x28 scopes, I have a few of them, dont see any reason to change, the freedom one would be a good choice too.

Posts: 4726 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scope ring groove for the 452 American is 3/8ths but the other models are 11mm. BKL for scope rings.

For some reason, Islamists are the only racist, sexist, homophobic theocrats the media can't summon outrage against.

Posts: 715 | Location: Surrounded by Mountains | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input guys.

YAT-YAS

posted Hide Post
Make sure whatever scope you buy has an adjustable objective if you're serious about accuracy.

I use Burris Signature rimfire rings on my CZ rifles. Actually I use Burris Signature rings on all my rifles.

Posts: 536 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire with Leupold rings and it is a delightful combo on my Savage.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 19640 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Mueller scopes. I have one on my
10/22 build and i'm extremely happy with it.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been very pleased with Warne rings on my CZs. Set the dimple up and left for 3/8ths and down and right for 11mm.

Posts: 761 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post