SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ok I admit it, I was wrong. Volkquarten Hammer and Extractor Review
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok I admit it, I was wrong. Volkquarten Hammer and Extractor Review Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
VQ trigger group

$234 bucks at Midway! I didn't even spend that much on the 10/22 I just bought yesterday!

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
I once tried doing just the VQ hammer swap, and was disappointed. It was better than stock, but still had a lot of creep.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scuttlebutt
posted Hide Post
I'd say you need to try it again.Careful lubing of all critical parts is also crucial imho.Some of the lubes today are like a trigger job in a can so to speak and can make quite a difference.A lot of little things can add up to one big thing.

"The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese !"

Posts: 1221 | Location: Warner,N.H. | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DamageInc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scuttlebutt:
I'd say you need to try it again.Careful lubing of all critical parts is also crucial imho.Some of the lubes today are like a trigger job in a can so to speak and can make quite a difference.A lot of little things can add up to one big thing.

I did lube it properly. Lube helps things slide easier, but does not eliminate creep. My guess is that we have very different standards for what constitutes a good trigger. Some people have never actually fired a premium trigger, and don't know what they are missing.

Posts: 3412 | Registered: June 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post