SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Will VA Try To Take This Away From Me If I Buy It?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will VA Try To Take This Away From Me If I Buy It? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Gun-grabber Virginia Delegate Mark Levin (D) wants to ban "assault weapons," but has no clue how to define one. So, if it has a pistol grip, it's an assault weapon, apparently.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1221566546046222342

Which makes me think I should get myself something that "looks like" an assault weapon before the commies completely dismantle the Constitution.

I found this Palmetto State Armory AKV in 9mm. Technically, it's a pistol, but since it's got "scary looking" attachments to it, is probably considered an "assault weapon." I especially like that it shoots a pistol round, since I have a lot of 9mm ammo, and it's easy to find.

Your thoughts? Any experience with these?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Can’t give you any feedback on this PCC but I can say F@!# Levine! If you want it get it, no slowing down for the commies. But I am contemplating builds that fit their BS mold so I have something to take out in public.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will VA Try To Take This Away From Me If I Buy It?

All the more reason to buy it.

Fuck them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Buy two or more.
Amplify that middle finger.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which makes me think I should get myself something that "looks like" an assault weapon before the commies completely dismantle the Constitution.

Sad thing is you should already have had at least 1 'evil gun' by now... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
To answer your question: They’ll try eventually. Screw those commie bastards, buy it and let them rot in their miserable ivory tower safe spaces.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
They are coming after ALL your firearms! Get what you want, you may need it.
As for the AKV, I love mine! It has been boringly reliable & very accurate. Above all that, they're just fun to shoot!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
one of the bills being contemplated would outlaw any pistol over 48ozs that doesn't load a mag through the grip.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until the exact wording of a final bill that passes the Legislature and is sign into law by the Governor is known, no one can answer your original question. Buy what you want and just deal with it.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
as someone that lived in Nj and went through this painful process decades ago I would buy now because after these laws pass you won't be able to legally acquire it. Have it, hide it, don't turn it in. You are only violating state law. Acquire it later after the ban and you have violated state and federal laws. Or better yet move like I did and you can sleep easy at night.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
As for the AKV, I love mine! It has been boringly reliable & very accurate. Above all that, they're just fun to shoot!

That does look like a lot of fun Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Allow me to echo the Fuck them and get it sentiment.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Buy yourself whatever is currently legal. They're not going to confiscate or require turn-in. Worst case scenario is registration which you can, and should, choose to ignore.

As a side note, is that considered a short barreled rifle? I'm not up on that stuff.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the VA Legislation address NFA stamped weapons?

If not - start the paperwork as soon as you buy it !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Does the VA Legislation address NFA stamped weapons?

If not - start the paperwork as soon as you buy it !

It’s got a pistol brace, no NFA paperwork required.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if an assault weapon ban will be enacted but the OP's gun definitely meets their assault weapon criteria. The bill introduced bans braced pistols. The definition includes pistols where the magazine is attached outside of the grip as well as pistols over 50 ounces. Rifles can easily be made "featureless" but there is no way to make one of these pistols compliant unless you make the magazine fixed.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES if you give it up or they break in under a red flag and shoot you to bits then can legally say justified you resisted.

Posts: 29 | Location: tn | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post