SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 553 SBR issue with e-file. status update... approved
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 553 SBR issue with e-file. status update... approved Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
And the ATF is screwing me over....

They changed my status to disapproved. Said I forgot to attach as photo. Bullshit. I attached a photo in the beginning of the file and then again at the end.

This means I have to refile and do the research period again. That took 6 weeks the last time i submitted this form.

Fuck I hate this agency!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That really stinks...they didn’t even give you a chance to directly email photos without losing your spot in line? I have a 51k pending review...I really hope they ask for further details instead of just disapproving. It’s been nearly three months already...

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
That really stinks...they didn’t even give you a chance to directly email photos without losing your spot in line? I have a 51k pending review...I really hope they ask for further details instead of just disapproving. It’s been nearly three months already...

Nope. They just disapproved it. Never even sent me an email. I had to pull up their web site to find out it was disapproved.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I had something like that come up when I registered a Colt receiver for SBR, turned out the receiver was made under license and not an actual Colt receiver ... as mentioned above, I took pictures of both sides and submitted it and it was approved within a week, but not as a Colt receiver ... off hand I don't remember what the manufacturers name was, but it had the Colt roll mark and Hartford, Connecticut on the left, but on the right it has the actual manufacturer.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was the photo attached via the attachments section on eForms or embedded in a document?

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I sent a batch of F4's for suppressors in February. Half got approved, half came back "need copy of trust" (and still waiting). Same packet. It's normal for BATFE to lose things; could be intentional, could be incompetence. Definitely a mix of the two.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Was the photo attached via the attachments section on eForms or embedded in a document?
I attached it in the first section where it asked for the upload and then again at the end of the form.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Oh happy day. My SBR was finally approved. A month ago the ATF had managed to lose my second application and I had to refile a third time. 6 months of waiting... way to go .gov you guys suck.

Now the other wait begins. I ordered a couple of more 553 sb, a 553 lb and a 550 from JDI. Lets see if they come in before the idiot in the white house does something stupid and irrelevant.

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
A beautiful happy ending, except it makes me long for something similar.

You've got a great gun there!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you able to put me in contact with your JDI folk? I'm having trouble trying to source a 553P handguard. cheers
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Oh happy day. My SBR was finally approved. A month ago the ATF had managed to lose my second application and I had to refile a third time. 6 months of waiting... way to go .gov you guys suck.

Now the other wait begins. I ordered a couple of more 553 sb, a 553 lb and a 550 from JDI. Lets see if they come in before the idiot in the white house does something stupid and irrelevant.

Posts: 4 | Location: Washington  | Registered: April 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Here ya go. Owner is Dave Wagner. give him a call or check out his site.

https://www.shop.jdifirearms.com/

https://www.sanswissarms.com/