SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What Folding Stock For The Arsenal Arms SA M-7 Milled Receiver AK47?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Folding Stock For The Arsenal Arms SA M-7 Milled Receiver AK47? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
I am looking to replace my OEM Arsenal Arms stock on my Arsenal Arms SA M-7 milled receiver. I want a side folder with a QD mount point.

Essentially, something like this Magpul stock.

Can anyone help me?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Check out CNC Warrior if you don't mind a FAL-style tube stock or an M4-type stock. Another option is to pick up a hinge from someone like Stormwerkz and bolt on an adapter that will accommodate your preferred stock.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
IC,

First, I want to thank you for giving me some options. You definitely know your AK!

The CNC Warrior product, for the AK SA M-7K, seems as if it would fit, but I'm not a fan of the tubular frame. It doesn't have a place to mount a QD mount point.

The expanding AR15 buffer tube setup would give me a myriad of AR15 options. I don't like this idea, but may be forced into it if no other option presents itself.

The Stormwerks products don't seem to work on milled receivers. At least not that I can find.

I have found an Ace Adapter that may work with a milled receiver, but it required removal of the rear tang on my receiver. I'm not sure I want to butcher my receiver that way just yet.

Again, thank you very much for your research.

H&K-Guy

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I have found an Ace Adapter that may work with a milled receiver, but it required removal of the rear tang on my receiver. I'm not sure I want to butcher my receiver that way just yet.

There's a different Ace adapter that may work, if your milled receiver only has an upper tang at the rear of the receiver. And it doesn't require altering the receiver:

https://star15.com/ak-milled-receiver-block-akrbb

Here's a quick way to tell if it will work. Based on the photos below, which one does your milled receiver look like?

If it's this photo, that Ace adapter I linked to won't work:

(Milled receiver with both upper and lower tang)

But if it's this lower photo, the Ace adapter I linked to should work:

(Milled receiver with only upper tang)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

There's a different Ace adapter that may work, if your milled receiver only has an upper tang at the rear of the receiver. And it doesn't require altering the receiver:

https://star15.com/ak-milled-receiver-block-akrbb

Here's a quick way to tell if it will work. Based on the photos below, which one does your milled receiver look like?

If it's this photo, that Ace adapter I linked to won't work:

(Milled receiver with both upper and lower tang)

But if it's this lower photo, the Ace adapter I linked to should work:

(Milled receiver with only upper tang)

Rogue,

Unfortunately, mine is like the upper photo. Dammit six days a week and twice on Sunday! It looked like you had the answer, too.

I guess my search continues.

Thank you for doing the research and posting those pics. I owe you. I actually owe both of you guys. Thanks.

H&K-Guy

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Keep looking. You might find something.

Unfortunately, as you're discovering, finding a stock that is compatible with milled AKs is a lot tougher than the much more common stamped AKs.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I have been working since this morning trying to find a folding stock, with QD mount point, that will fit my Arsenal Arms SA M-7 rifle with milled receiver and two tang rear butt stock attachments. This is the only thing I have found that comes close. What does the SigForum brain trust think about this?

BoneSteel Stock

Anyone know why this would not work? I have an inquiry request in to BoneSteel, and hopefully they will respond soon.

H&K-Guy

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I have a bonesteel on my Vepr slant cut and it's very high quality. Different adapter from yours but just fyi the quality should be there.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
I have a bonesteel on my Vepr slant cut and it's very high quality. Different adapter from yours but just fyi the quality should be there.

Thanks for your insight, 1KP. It is starting to look like there might be a slight glimmer of hope at finding a solution.

H&K-Guy

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see how that helps as its just a stock and won't solve the folding issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post