SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Because it's Sunday ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because it's Sunday ... Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I'm off

The wife is working

The daughter is out of town

And they don't like to shoot anyway

A buddy needed funds & sold me 900 rounds of NOS Speer 124 9mm's for $100

So I think I'll get the 9's and go to the farm!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

A buddy needed funds & sold me 900 rounds of NOS Speer 124 9mm's for $100

Holy smokes, that's as awesome as your group photo! Eek

Nice collection.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Wow, terrific collection.
Just got drool all over tablet screen. Big Grin

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...do the math.
That's only 100 rounds per rifle. Factor in at least 3 auto sears. You need more ammo. Smile
I remember that Special Weapons...
Have fun.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Ahhh...do the math.
That's only 100 rounds per rifle. Factor in at least 3 auto sears. You need more ammo. Smile
I remember that Special Weapons...
Have fun.

Actually I only have 1 registered sear but it'll fit the 4 ... I'm pretty sure loading and cleaning is going to take longer than the shooting Smile

posted Hide Post
Great collection!

(And thanks for not having feet in the picture) Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
$100 for 900 rounds of 9mm = Eek

Enjoy your time at the range, you'll be needing another 900 rounds after today I'm guessing.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
H&K-Guy approves!

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one heck of a collection. Which one do you favor the most?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, I'm loving the MP5's here, especially that SD6. Not even crappy weather could ruin a range day with a selection like that. Have fun! Big Grin

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
That is one heck of a collection. Which one do you favor the most?

Thanks but I can't pick a favorite child ... however my least favorite, the standard M11 is fun, the M11 with the LAGE upper is heavy mut much more controllable ... the same difference is Like comparing the MP5K to the 5SD. I'm really looking forward to the time in 6 or so months when I can bring home the F/A M11 Smile

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That is impressive to say the least!

How do you like CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine? I just picked one up last week. Are they pickey about ammo?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Oh my word. I believe that is a gaggle or a herd or a pack or something, but it it definitely more than juat a bunch!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm roller lock

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
That is impressive to say the least!

How do you like CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine? I just picked one up last week. Are they pickey about ammo?

In the nearly 3 years I've owned it I haven't found any ammo it won't eat ... Tula and Winchester White Box are weaker and you can feel the difference but everything from cheap 115's, Critical Defense Hollowpoints to factory and my home rolled 147 subsonic feed fine ... maybe it's my imagination but it seems to "like" 124's the best.

BTW, my Scorpion is actually an early SBR'd pistol not a carbine, but I put the carbine handguard on it when they came avaiabe at the CZ store ... so most of my suppressor is inside of it or I can use the long AR flash hider (5.5") and it protrudes right at the end of the hand guard.

A couple weeks ago I noticed that Manticore has released their swichback (folding) charge handle for the Scorpion ... it's an option I've been hoping to see for YEARS! I really like it other than it's not spring loaded like the HK ... but if you give it the "HK slap", inertia folds the handle closed ... but for $75 I thought it should be spring-loaded.

<edit>
At home the new Manticore charge handle folded closed with the inertia just fine however when I went to the range the new Manticore charge handle didn't preform so well, almost every time it either didn't close ... I not as impressed with it as I was initially.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post