SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Your choice for a .22lr bolt with irons?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your choice for a .22lr bolt with irons? Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to have to get a CZ, and maybe a Ruger American. The 30.06 American I have is a really nice rifle, especially for the price.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t think you will be disappointed. It’s no anschutz by far but it’s a DAMN GOOD rifle.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
CZ 452 Lux.

New production i would pick the 455 Trainer.

Very high quality sights, and the tangent sights are properly regulated as such you can actually hit from 25 to 200 meters within the constraints of your ammunition capability.

This then remove the rear sights and add a peep to the scope base

https://www.newenglandcustomgu...%20Ring#.WxHkgPdOnJA

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Arc, one more vote for 455 FS

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
CZ 452 Lux.

New production i would pick the 455 Trainer.

Very high quality sights, and the tangent sights are properly regulated as such you can actually hit from 25 to 200 meters within the constraints of your ammunition capability.

This then remove the rear sights and add a peep to the scope base

https://www.newenglandcustomgu...%20Ring#.WxHkgPdOnJA

Disagree. The tangent sights of the CZ offer more flexibility than a peep sight. I put a Tech Sight peep rear aperture on my 10/22 and I much prefer the sights on my CZ.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While you don't see a lot of them anymore I can wholeheartedly endorse the Mossberg 340K. I inherited my uncle's and it is a tack driver.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know my CZ 452 varmint has an adjustable trigger. Think the 455’s do too. Rather easy to do. Only one or two plastic parts on the rifle if I recall. Owners manual even says to drop the hammer after cleaning, no fear of damage to the firing pin or chamber face. Reassuring when training a youngster.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yup. CZ452 or new production 455

The iron sights are terrific.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My LGS has a CZ 452-2E ZKM for sale, used. I can't seem to find a price on them with internet searches.
What would be a decent price ceiling on such a rifle?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Remington 581

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
54 action Anschutz?

I have a 1961 model (unsure of number maybe 1408 or 1411) that does not have the fancy adjustment,s but shoots mighty fine,

and necro thread, with somefolks, including the OP that have not posted in a bit

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Arcwelder is one of the moderators. I think it's okay to refresh one of his posts.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
54 action Anschutz?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Way back, when I was in High School, back in the mid 60's, just outside Chicago, We had a rifle club.
We would meet every Friday after school in the basement in the rotunda of the school. There was a rifle range down there left over from who knows when. The school had a rack of Mossberg .22, single shot rifles with quality iron sights. The stocks were VERY beefy, you knew you were handling a "real" no nonsense firearm. They were very accurate!
I feel the rifles must have been some kind of a military issue used in training.
I don't know what model those guns were but would love to pick one up, probably for a very reasonable price.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My LGS has a CZ 452-2E ZKM for sale, used. I can't seem to find a price on them with internet searches.
What would be a decent price ceiling on such a rifle?

It was about a $400 rifle when last it was a new production item, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Now that CZ is well into their 457 lineup, making the 452 a couple of "generations" old. Regardless, CZ makes great rimfire bolt guns so I'd say its value at retail would be about 80 or so percent of what it sold for new (so about the low 300s today), depending upon condition of course.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
54 action Anschutz?

I have a 1961 model (unsure of number maybe 1408 or 1411) that does not have the fancy adjustment,s but shoots mighty fine,

and necro thread, with somefolks, including the OP that have not posted in a bit

My son still has his 1903 (64 action), was his primary rifle in his elementary school years, amazingly accurate.

And haven't seen a post from arc in a long time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
54 action Anschutz?

is there a way to tell the model numbers on the vintage stuff?

mine is basically identical to yours, from the action forward,

I have a pistol grip, in the marksman typs stock sense, with 2 spaces to put your thumb, (not a thumbhole) and a more standard stock with adjustable (up down, not a hook) butt plate,

it's not be modified, (like as you know some shooters like to)

still have the original box for the sights as well, buy my forward handgrip is a Freeland

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new CZ 457 American and I am very happy and impressed with it. Great trigger right out of the box, really accurate and a beautiful rifle.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
CZ...I like it so much I posted twice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post