SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .308 AR vs. 308 bolt gun-Question about recoil
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.308 AR vs. 308 bolt gun-Question about recoil Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As others have said in the same weight rifle, the automatic will normally recoil less. Of course stock design makes a big difference in perceived recoil as well. If I wanted a 308 for paper punching only and was recoil sensitive, I'd buy a heavy barrel bolt action.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a Larue OBR
Thing is a puss on your shoulder, just a nudge

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
I’ve got a Larue OBR
Thing is a puss on your shoulder, just a nudge

I’ve actually been considering a Larue, not an OBR, but one of their ultimate upper build kits. Glad to hear yours is easy on the shoulder.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I can vouch for weight being a very large factor. I have a 700 PSS that I dropped into a Magpul stock. The rifle got noticeably heavier, but the recoil dropped off substantially.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post