SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Larue Tactical Ultimate Upper DIY
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larue Tactical Ultimate Upper DIY Login/Join 
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted
http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit

Billet Stealth Upper w/Charging Handle
Stealth 2.0 Keymod Handguard
Optional Cerakote (for extra cost)
Choice from a variety of barrels
Matching Bolt Carrier Group
MBT Trigger
Matching Gasblock & Tube
TranQuilo Muzzle Brake
Polymer Combo with Receiver Extension Assembly
DIY or Assembled & Test Fired by Larue (for extra cost)

$792 - Black unassembled
+ $99 for Cerakote
+ $199 if Larue assembles and test fires it

Very, very tempting!!!

The only thing missing is a stripped lower receiver. I've been told that the lower parts kit is included.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
My math comes out to 1k or so after getting a lower?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
My math comes out to 1k or so after getting a lower?

I would agree.

Mega billet lowers are about ~$210. I don't know of any AR-15 billet rifle (Larue quality no less) that can be had for about a grand and some assembly.

I don't need another AR15 but this is so damn temping!!!

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Sure wish I had some extra coin!
This matched with a Rainier Arms Ultra Match Lower would probably one slick $1,000 AR.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I saw that on another forum. It's tempting but I don't like the fact that you have to buy the entire kit, like I don't want the stock and receiver extension and I have a spare BCM bcg I could use. However, you do get a bottle of the dillo dust Smile

I think these deals will continue, it's a buyers market for AR stuff

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Granted this thread is about 3 years old now but the deal is even sweeter than it was when originally posted!

The Upper Build kit is the same price as it was at $792. There is no option for a Cerakote upgrade that I could find.
But one big kicker is they are offering assembly of the uppers for FREE!!!!!!!

So $792.00 + $11.95 shipping = $803.95

But to make it even better LaRue in now offering their billet stripped lowers for $199!!!!!
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/

Their stripped lower was not available for purchase 3 years ago when this deal was rolling.

So $199 + $11.95 shipping = $210.95

$803.95 + 210.95 = $1,014.90
A full Larue rifle for just a hair over $1,000 is awesome.
Granted one has to assemble the lower but that is EZPZ!!!!!

Lowers are shipping pretty much immediately LGS just got a couple of lowers in the other day. They called LaRue while I was there and the nice young lady said upper wait time is currently 4-6 months. Nothing is charged until it ships!!!!

I Am good on 16" and below rifles. LaRue barrels are supposed to be very accurate so I went with the 18" pedatAR barrel and Foliage furniture.

If you are wanting an AR-10 platform it is about $1500.
Have to say a 6.5 Creedmoor was very tempting!
But I want that in a bolt gun so I will just keep waiting for LaRue to release their Siete.

————————————————

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oooh, that is tempting. How tempting? A 6.5 Grendel is now looking strangely, well, sensible. Ish.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Oooh, that is tempting. How tempting? A 6.5 Grendel is now looking strangely, well, sensible. Ish.

The Grendel was 2nd is the running. But I should be able to shoot the .223/5.56 for half the cost.

————————————————

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
As a side note the 4-6 month wait was for the assembled upper.
I am not sure if you choose unassembled if the parts are shipping right away. Did not think to ask as I wanted mine assembled.

————————————————

TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I did the assembled 6.5 grendel, the box got here a couple days ago. I’ve been too busy to put it together yet. Mine was about a 4 month wait.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Admittedly I'm a bit of a LaRue fan boy but I've done a number of these Ultimate Uppers and have been very satisfied with the results. For $1000 you're going to get an all LaRue rifle with a MBT trigger (so no need to upgrade there). Includes a RAT stock, which works fine. Accuracy tends to be very good with the LaRue's and I have never had any reliability issues.

Some other things to think about. Before LaRue as selling stripped receivers I built two rifles using blemished Aeroprecision stripped lowers. Think I paid about $60 a piece for them, so the rifle was $140 cheaper. It's going to be hard to find a blemished lower now, although I did pick up another one from Aeroprecision a couple of months ago, so if your patient they will eventually become available again. And no worries about using a blemished Aeroprecision. My experience is that the blemish is basically unnoticeable and the receiver itself will be in spec. and mate up with the upper no problem.

Have also done a large frame Ultimate Upper, again using an Aeroprecision receiver. However, that's when LaRue was making two versions of its large frame uppers, one of which mated with Aeroprecision style lower and one which was mfg for LaRue's own lower.

Finally, if you get an large frame UU, LaRue will sell you one of their suppressors for $400. These suppressors attach to LaRue's Tranquilo muzzle brake, which they will put on your upper for $100. Be prepared for a very long wait time on the suppressor, but at $400 it's tough to beat.

Posts: 541 | Location: Gunnison, CO | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I had a long hard look at this deal before I went LMT. Seems like it's hard to beat as long you don't mind the long wait.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great deal on the can and overall. My only gripe is they have some things that I just dont want and cant opt out of. If I could get most of it at this cost and just choose a few of my own components to plug in I'd be happy. I get why they dont offer that option though.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Dang - with the couple spare lowers I have, this basically builds me a Larue rifle for $800.

I'm leaning towards the 18", just because it's different than all my others.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great deal on the can and overall. My only gripe is they have some things that I just dont want and cant opt out of.

Yup. I have muzzle devices, and don't really like brakes at all. A longer 6.5 Grendel barrel would be nice, too, but I don't think they've offered 20" or longer barrels for the Grendel in a while (if at all). Then again, I think I can find an AeroPrecision lower pretty easily.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
That's a great price, wish my gun fund wasn't in the red.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Can somebody explain how the $400 suppressor deal works with this upper deal?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Can somebody explain how the $400 suppressor deal works with this upper deal?

Only available when building the AR-10 platform.
https://www.larue.com/products...260-6-5cm-upper-kit/

It is the 2nd to last drop down option when configuring you’re build kit.
Adds $399 to the kit.
Normally $699 if purchased alone.

————————————————

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Black, if someone buys my scopes I might have to take the plunge Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I actually bought this right when they started offering lowers for sale. this deal and it’s AMAZING. I did the free assembly. Lower shipped right away and the upper and lower parts kit took about 75 days.

I’m going to do another setup in .308 with the suppressor after I close on my house in April if they are still available.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3613 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post