SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Purchased a AR 15 and an AR10 lower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Purchased a AR 15 and an AR10 lower Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
This thread inspired me to join the foray.

Both AR-15 and AR-10 stripped lower receivers are from Aero Precision, as are the small parts kit for the lowers.

That's all I've done for now.

Uppers, buffer tubes, barrels, bolts to follow.

Both will be sight ready when finished.

That's another time.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far, I've put 2 AR15's together. Very happy with their function, except for one thing. Don't pick on me, because I have never owned or shot an AR15, only my Sig556.

The question I have is, my safety doesn't work, unless the charging handle has been pulled. Is this normal? My 556 is not like this. By the way, they both are like this, so I assume it is OK.

I had a blast doing this, thanks for the help!! Now onto the 10!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
snip

The question I have is, my safety doesn't work, unless the charging handle has been pulled. Is this normal? My 556 is not like this. By the way, they both are like this, so I assume it is OK.

I had a blast doing this, thanks for the help!! Now onto the 10!

The safety on an AR will only engage if the hammer is back(i.e. charge handle pulled), if the hammer is forward I guess the designers felt it was already "safe", because the hammer had already dropped and the round had been fired.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reassurance!!

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, with warmer weather, I hope to get out and test fire 3 new guns I built. All builds were from Palmetto, so I trust that I'm good to go. Or should I take any precautions?

Edited to add: that loading from magazine and ejecting work perfectly. I've bought a .223/.556 bore laser, but I have to manually remove it. Thanks guys, this has been fun!!

posted Hide Post
Yes like check the headspace.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Yes like check the headspace.

Thanks!! I will have to Youtube that I guess.