SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "Ranch-30" - New 7.62x39 Ruger American Ranch Rifle using Mini-30 magazines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Ranch-30" - New 7.62x39 Ruger American Ranch Rifle using Mini-30 magazines Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just picked up mine this morning. My LGS had "Ruger Days" this weekend. It was $430.00 OTD and they included this nice coffee mug and a $50.00 gift certificate. I picked up a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 scope for $100.00 on Black Friday. It's probably too much scope for the round but it was such a good deal, I couldn't turn it down. Going to the range tomorrow morning.

[/URL][/IMG]

Forgot about Photobucket taking a dive. What do others use for photo hosting, nowadays?

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You know, I'm wondering if there aren't two ways of looking at the idea of "too much scope" for the 7.62x39. I think a four power is fine, but I can see how being able to see better might make it easier to align trajectory with a given distance and I can see how shot placement might be a big deal for any longer shots that would be appropriate for the round.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
If only it came in left handed...

Yeah, no kidding.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leupold 1-4x20 works fantastic!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post