SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Romeo MSR red dot, Feedback?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo MSR red dot, Feedback? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
For $120 is it a reliable AR Red dot?

Thanks guys

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Well, I can't swear the MSR is but the Romeo 5 is definitely a great red dot. Got 3 of them, 2 on ARs and 1 on a Sig MPX. They can be bought for $100.00~$150 depending on where you look. I bought my last one for $100.00 from Bass Pro.

Here's a durability video which you might enjoy.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuq_N129SAI 

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I got the Romeo MSR green dot. Ordered it from Optics Planet. I got a bad one. Couldn't get any adjustment out of it. Dot just laid in the bottom left corner. Because I took it off it's original mount and mounted it on a Aimpoint micro mount and put it on the gun before I realized it was bad I can't return it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have a Romeo 5 and a MSR.

I really like the MSR, but I wish it had the MOTAC that the Romeo 5 has. Battery life could be better, I wish it used the same 2032 the Romeo 5 did, the MSR uses the 1632.

I do prefer the rotary knob operation of the MSR, But dislike the open sight adjustments. It's not been an issue to me (holds zero well so far).

All said, I like it. I just wish there was a better combo of the the MSR and Romeo 5 out there.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I got the Romeo MSR green dot. Ordered it from Optics Planet. I got a bad one. Couldn't get any adjustment out of it. Dot just laid in the bottom left corner. Because I took it off it's original mount and mounted it on a Aimpoint micro mount and put it on the gun before I realized it was bad I can't return it.

What kind of mounts do they use? T1 or t2?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post