SIGforum
Anyone that has a Hera SFU (side folding unit)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4260076654

May 13, 2019, 11:36 AM
kimberkid
Anyone that has a Hera SFU (side folding unit)
I recently got a Hera SFU (side folding unit) from "The Gun Doc" a seller on Gunbroker and it didn't have a set-screw for the receiver extension tube (aka buffer tube)... it has a threaded hole for one but its an odd thread, nothing I have will fit.

I know its a small thing, and I could go to the hardware store and probably find something for a couple bucks, but for the price of these nice hinges you would think it would be in the package ... every time I've bought anything that's meant to have a set-screw, there has been one included; even cheap part ... and usually any needed allen wrenchs as well ... mine came in a box which I have no doubt was factory, but it appeared to have been opened as one of the flaps was slightly torn. I actually thought it should have 2 wrenches, one to tighten down the lock screws in the threaded end and the other for the set screw but it came with none of the above.

Also, usually finished products such as this come in some sort of protective plastic sleeve or bag ... this one had nothing but an instruction sheet folded up at one end.

I've emailed the seller twice, and just tried for a 3rd time and so far I've gotten no response.

I know its a small thing but its really got me bugged ... his lack of response doesn't help ... I was telling a buddy at work about it and he agreed that it should have come with one, but said maybe Hera just sells them like that (with no set screw)

So I thought I'd ask the good people here!

OK, [/rant] off.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
May 13, 2019, 11:42 AM
WARPIG602
I have several and while I dont specifically recall whats included, I can most certainly say I never purchased a set screw.

May 13, 2019, 04:37 PM
JBird679
I think the implied question is "Did yours come with a set screw?" ?

Why not email Hera and ask them? If someone is counterfeiting or misrepresenting their product I'm sure they'd like to know. If it's a one off and they're a good vendor, maybe they'll send you what you're missing for free.
May 13, 2019, 08:48 PM
kimberkid
Well, oddly enough after the 3rd email I finally got a result;
quote:
We are very sorry for your inconvenience and will look into this for you! The most likely avenue will be to notify the manufacturer and have them send you the missing part.

So while they happily took my money, they aren't willing to do anything to help resolve the problem...

All I can say is that it will reflect in their feedback. Of course I won't give them an F but I think their lack of response and unwillingness to assist deserves a C or D

May 24, 2019, 08:38 PM
kimberkid
I hadn't left a feedback for the Gundock and yesterday I'm pretty happy that I didn't ... I was under the impression they were putting the responsibility on me to contact Hera, but they did it for me!

I got a set screw and this nice Velcro patch ... I'm thinking they're going to get awesome feedback even tho it took 3 times to get a response.