SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig MCX Virtus
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig MCX Virtus Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Enhanced for 20k round life expectancy without parts replacement. Wonder what the life expectancy of a standard MCX is.

https://www.sigsauer.com/produ...fles/sig-mcx-virtus/

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given how long it's taken to get even the 300 BO caliber conversions for MCX, I expect this will be out in about 2020, and then be subjected to a recall within a year.

But Sig will make sure there are plenty of prototypes out to all of the gun media much, much earlier, so they can build up the buzz.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I havent had any issues getting 300blk conversion kits, but your probably right on the other points.

quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Given how long it's taken to get even the 300 BO caliber conversions for MCX, I expect this will be out in about 2020, and then be subjected to a recall within a year.

But Sig will make sure there are plenty of prototypes out to all of the gun media much, much earlier, so they can build up the buzz.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...and built with the highest-quality components that enable it to go 20,000 rounds without part replacement, the MCX VIRTUS is the apex predator of the carbine world."
-- per Sig's website

Wow. Just wow. Anyone who buys that line deserves to buy the MCX Virtus. If nothing else, let's see how accurately any of their barrels shoot after 20,000 rounds.

Sig's marketing and management teams must be targeting the casual AR user how doesn't know squat about rifles. It is statements like this that make me high tail it away from Sig's long guns.

What...a...crock...of...crap.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't believe anything they put out.

Remember the SIG556R, designed for special forces behind enemy lines and all that shit?

SIG Sauer Marketing Department must have a bunch of previous used-car salesmen on staff.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't forget the "lets get consumers to beta test phase", ala pretty much every new firearm they have released in the past decade.

"Oh, it needs a mandatory safety upgrade. Oh, it's Gen 1, we are on Gen 2 now..."

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I certainly wish Sig would have told me before buying several MCX's that the parts used were not up to extended use.

Im curious as to what the differcnes are.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I don't believe anything they put out.

Remember the SIG556R, designed for special forces behind enemy lines and all that shit?

SIG Sauer Marketing Department must have a bunch of previous used-car salesmen on staff.

That was great video they made

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
I certainly wish Sig would have told me before buying several MCX's that the parts used were not up to extended use.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only difference that matters is SIG has seen that you haven't yet bought one of them yet.

Not sure what the snake oil will be next year, but rest assured there will be one.

Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
Differences are a paint job, a slightly better trigger, and M-LOK rails. They needed an excuse to dump the Keymod system (like everybody else).

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigforever:
Differences are a paint job, a slightly better trigger, and M-LOK rails. They needed an excuse to dump the Keymod system (like everybody else).

What's the problem with Keymod?
"like everybody else"? Last I look, "everybody else" is still producing Keymod rifles. Or, am I out of touch?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"like everybody else"? Last I look, "everybody else" is still producing Keymod rifles. Or, am I out of touch?

Last rumor i heard thru the gun-store grapevine (so its gotta be true) is that the military wants to adopt Mlok.

But in reality, it just seems more and more manufacturer's new releases or newest iterations of models seem to be all coming with Mlok systems over keymod. To me, i like the look of mlok better. I support the swap.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

Last rumor i heard thru the gun-store grapevine (so its gotta be true) is that the military wants to adopt Mlok.

But in reality, it just seems more and more manufacturer's new releases or newest iterations of models seem to be all coming with Mlok systems over keymod. To me, i like the look of mlok better. I support the swap.

Havent you heard? Navy SEALs declared Keymod inferior to MLOK so eveyone has to dump it now or risk not being tactical enough.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Havent you heard? Navy SEALs declared Keymod inferior to MLOK so eveyone has to dump it now or risk not being tactical enough.

Since they're no longer tacticool, does that mean BCM will dump all their KMRs? Eek

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Since they're no longer tacticool, does that mean BCM will dump all their KMRs? Eek

Doubtful but you'll lose all street cred

posted Hide Post
BCM has kmr style mlok and M1913 rails just about ready for release. There is a thread on m4carbine.net with pictures and estimated release dates.

Posts: 12 | Registered: November 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just in, the Virtus will include beard oil guaranteed to make the owner grow an operator approved beard in less time and effort than without.

"Frog Beard Piss" is rumored to be the name of said yet undisclosed oil.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its slots look like warehouse storage shelving. Or so M-Lok advocates always tell me. I'm Keymod and from all I hear it looks like I'm going to have to go into rehab to get my M-Lok mojo in order.

Virtus? At those prices? Wishful thing, SIG. Y'all should've called it 'Deliramentum', only because there's no Latin word for 'merry-go-round' since they weren't invented yet back in them Roman days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at their web page, it seems that the listing for the MCX is gone. There's only the MCX Vitrus. WTF?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post