SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any experience with Mueller optics?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with Mueller optics? Login/Join 
posted
I am working on some 22 projects that are all in need of optics. Mueller seems to have a good reputation in the rimfire world. Curious what the opinion of their products is here. Looking at the 8-32x44 side adjust target dot scope for a CZ 455, 2 MKII savages and 3 10/22s. All are range guns with heavy barrel and used for <100yds paper punching. I know it is excessive magnification, but it is purely for range/bench guns.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
The old Mueller APV scopes were very good bang for the buck on a rimfire
Not sure about current offerings, but I’d scrounge eBay for one of the older ones if it was me

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Mueller APVs 4.5-14X AO on a set of Ruger 10/22s set up for the kids. The glass is very clear and bright. It is a very good deal for rimfire rifles.
In my opinion, these scopes are perfect for use on the .22s for shooting at 50 yards. The kids easily ring steel 95% of the time when they shoot. Although not with no turrets to dial, the boy hits steel multiple times at 100 yards using his APV.
One of the APVs is about 8 years old. The other one was bought last month. Quality seems to be the same in both.
I have not been disappointed with purchasing them.

I'm seriously considering the 8-32x44 for my 10/22. It would be really nice for the 100 yard target.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mueller are still considered very good bang for the buck scopes and the one the OP mentioned is still widely used in the rimfire realm. I own one and it worked just fine. If you are trying to make the smallest group possible at 100 yds with a 22 there is no such thing as too much magnification IMO.
A couple things about this particular optic. It's long, has a 30mm tube and is a bit fussy with the eyebox especially at high magnfication. What do you expect for ~$200.

A respected member over at RFC just happened to post this link for the exact scope ( I believe) you are asking about. $209. That's a darn good deal. I have no experience with the vendor, but trust the original source of the link. Good luck.

https://gun.deals/product/muel...208-free-ship-jetcom

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
I have 3, 2 tacticals and 1 Eraticator.
For your stated use as range/bench, They are hard to beat at the price range.
As it has said, the eyebox is picky at high magnification but I have never had a problem when bench shooting.

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Mueller APV on my 10/22 and a Mueller 4-16x 50AO on my Savage 12FV .223 and like them alot.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post