SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    sig mpx gen 1 or gen 2 comparison advice??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sig mpx gen 1 or gen 2 comparison advice?? Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
guys,
I have up to tonight to decide on buying a like new mpx for 1100.I have about 12 hours on a gun put a spf on at my local dealer
gun has brace,all factory accessories.
gun has shot about 100 rounds.

I have not followed the mpx very much

I am going toget a short barrel 9mm like this.

I got lots of advice on my other post about cz evo,and psa 9mm.

I like the sig.

Is the mpx worth about 400 more??

Is recoil softer than the ar 15 9mm?
Is there a big difference between gen 1 or gen 2 mpx guns?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I really like my MPX. Everyone that shoots it can't wipe the smile off their face.

Seems like a decent deal. 1100 with the brace? If I was looking I'd grab it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is recoil softer than the ar 15 9mm?

I love my MPX. It is the best of the 9mm 'ar like' guns IMO. But it is also the most expensive. It definitely has a different recoil impulse than the blowback guns since there isn't that huge mass of a bolt whacking around. But the overall difference is not really very much. All these 9mm carbines are very, very mild. I have a Gen 2 and don't know much about the issues with the G1 guns. SIG made this video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7WmEPyu_k
but I think events may have passed by the whole issue discussed in that at this point. You will need someone more up to date than me. I just shoot it as delivered by SIG. about 10K rounds so far, no issues. Other than money and that includes the silly price of magazines I haven't noticed any downsides to the gun.

EDIT. On reflection I'm adding one item that is a real downside. The trigger upgrade situation is really annoying. I broke a couple in the beginning and now just shoot it with the stock trigger. But there are now alternatives (like the Timey that sig has in the PCC) but nothing like the options you have in an AR9.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It is not difficult to find Gen1 mags at goo prices either.
The MPX is an old guy's dream gun.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen1 MPX pistol I cut down to a 4 1/2" barrel and a Gen 2 MPX SBR with an 8" barrel. They both have thousands of rounds through them and are a flat out joy to shoot. My petite wife loves to shoot them as they are easy point and shoot guns with very little recoil. I have replaced both triggers as the stock triggers are not great. My Gen 2 is picky about its magazines as I have trouble with Gen 1 mags in it. Other than that, they have been basically flawless.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
I only have a few hundred rounds through mine so far but it's been flawless and great fun to shot! It certainly seems well made and very balanced.

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Listen, if you didn't get it, let me know and I will. That is a great price.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We can do better in the thread title than just listing the name of a weapon. Please be more specific as to why you posted the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
arc,
sorry sir.I will make my question or thread title better

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post