SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Blue Force Gear Custom Sling Contest - I Won!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blue Force Gear Custom Sling Contest - I Won! Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Some of you may recall at the end of October that Blue Force Gear ran a "Next Big Sling" contest. They had a section on their website that allowed you to design a custom VCAS sling combining any of the various colors and patterns they offered, and submit your design.

I was just notified that out of the ~850 entries they received, mine was chosen by the good folks at Blue Force Gear as the winner of the contest. I'll be receiving a $200 gift certificate from Blue Force Gear, and a free copy of my custom VCAS sling.

In addition, my sling design is now available for purchase from Blue Force Gear, as a custom run available for the next 7 days only! You can pick one up here: https://www.blueforcegear.com/...test-blue-line-sling

Here's what my custom "Thin Blue Line" sling design looks like:

Here's how BFG describes it:

quote:
For one week we asked you - our awesome fans - what your favorite custom sling is. With over 850 entries we used some randomizers and internal voting and picked "The Thin Blue Line" as named by Jeremy K of Arkansas. This custom design has matching Wolf Gray webbing on the front and rear offset with custom blue nylon hardware topped off with a Kryptek Typhon pull tab that combines the gray and blue with the rest of the sling. QD Push Button Swivels threaded on each end allow the sling to be quickly installed on most modern carbines but can be removed and used in conjunction with other sling hardware for a perfect fit for your weapon.

It'll be the perfect companion to my "Thin Blue Line" AR15, which is currently sporting just a plain black BFG VCAS sling:

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, it went to a nice home and I'm happy to see you won!

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Honestly, that's the first 2-pt sling that's appealed to me in years.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A VCAS is on my Christmas list that I sent to my wife. I really like the one you designed.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I have a blue force sling on my M4gery and I like t a lot.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Sharp design, I was playing around with their custom design tool just the other day. I have a BFG sling, they are squared away.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That's great and after asking questions about a sling for the beautiful rifle 12131 gave me I got one from Blue Force Gear it's prefect.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Whoo Hooo...that's cool...congrats!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Congrats JSK! Nice stuff!!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Cool design and congrats!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That is AWESOME - congrats!
And nice design too!

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Very eye catching.

Congratulations on the win!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That was you!?!? Awesome. Enjoy the cool return for your ideas. Nice idea you had there.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! The sling looks great.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to taking a photo of the Thin Blue Line AR with my Thin Blue Line sling installed.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
^^^ Very nice, Rogue!

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That looks great.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post