SIGforum
Blue Force Gear Custom Sling Contest - I Won!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4220022434

December 06, 2017, 12:49 PM
RogueJSK
Blue Force Gear Custom Sling Contest - I Won!
Some of you may recall at the end of October that Blue Force Gear ran a "Next Big Sling" contest. They had a section on their website that allowed you to design a custom VCAS sling combining any of the various colors and patterns they offered, and submit your design.

I was just notified that out of the ~850 entries they received, mine was chosen by the good folks at Blue Force Gear as the winner of the contest. I'll be receiving a $200 gift certificate from Blue Force Gear, and a free copy of my custom VCAS sling.

In addition, my sling design is now available for purchase from Blue Force Gear, as a custom run available for the next 7 days only! You can pick one up here: https://www.blueforcegear.com/...test-blue-line-sling

Here's what my custom "Thin Blue Line" sling design looks like:

Here's how BFG describes it:

quote:
For one week we asked you - our awesome fans - what your favorite custom sling is. With over 850 entries we used some randomizers and internal voting and picked "The Thin Blue Line" as named by Jeremy K of Arkansas. This custom design has matching Wolf Gray webbing on the front and rear offset with custom blue nylon hardware topped off with a Kryptek Typhon pull tab that combines the gray and blue with the rest of the sling. QD Push Button Swivels threaded on each end allow the sling to be quickly installed on most modern carbines but can be removed and used in conjunction with other sling hardware for a perfect fit for your weapon.

It'll be the perfect companion to my "Thin Blue Line" AR15, which is currently sporting just a plain black BFG VCAS sling:

December 06, 2017, 12:55 PM
Excam_Man
Congrats, it went to a nice home and I'm happy to see you won!

December 06, 2017, 01:02 PM
LDD
Congrats!

Honestly, that's the first 2-pt sling that's appealed to me in years.
December 06, 2017, 01:08 PM
P250UA5
A VCAS is on my Christmas list that I sent to my wife. I really like the one you designed.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 06, 2017, 09:17 PM
LincolnSixEcho
Congrats! I have a blue force sling on my M4gery and I like t a lot.
December 06, 2017, 09:19 PM
PCWyoming
Very nice.

PC
December 06, 2017, 10:57 PM
Strambo
Congrats! Sharp design, I was playing around with their custom design tool just the other day. I have a BFG sling, they are squared away.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
December 06, 2017, 11:14 PM
charlie12
That's great and after asking questions about a sling for the beautiful rifle 12131 gave me I got one from Blue Force Gear it's prefect.

December 06, 2017, 11:47 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
Whoo Hooo...that's cool...congrats!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 07, 2017, 12:58 AM
bald1
Congrats JSK! Nice stuff!!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
December 07, 2017, 08:31 AM
David W
Cool design and congrats!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
December 07, 2017, 08:48 AM
Snake207
That is AWESOME - congrats!
And nice design too!

December 07, 2017, 10:38 AM
jjkroll32
Very eye catching.

Congratulations on the win!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
December 07, 2017, 11:03 AM
xl_target
Congratulations!
December 07, 2017, 12:43 PM
10X-Shooter
That was you!?!? Awesome. Enjoy the cool return for your ideas. Nice idea you had there.
December 07, 2017, 05:55 PM
thunderson
Congratulations!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
December 07, 2017, 09:15 PM
BadDogPSD
Congratulations! The sling looks great.

Like guns, Love Sigs
December 30, 2017, 01:02 PM
RogueJSK
Finally got around to taking a photo of the Thin Blue Line AR with my Thin Blue Line sling installed.

December 30, 2017, 01:44 PM
Chris17404
^^^ Very nice, Rogue!

December 30, 2017, 03:13 PM
Monk
Congrats! That looks great.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."