SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger PC9 Reliability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger PC9 Reliability Login/Join 
posted
Hi, New to the Sig forum and looking for comments from Ruger PC9 (the new carbine) owners regarding reliability. I was thinking about buying one until I shot a friend’s. It was fun to shoot and fairly accurate at 50 meters, BUT would jam (smoke stack) every 5-6 rounds. He became frustrated with the gun after several similar outings and sold it. Hickock 45 had similar problems during his review. Have the reliability issues been corrected? Thanks, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my pc9 has been 100% reliable for me. am using real glock mags. 115 & 124 bullets. fmj and hp. first I have heard of anyone having problems.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barryinpa:
my pc9 has been 100% reliable for me. am using real glock mags. 115 & 124 bullets. fmj and hp. first I have heard of anyone having problems.
Barry

Mine have been great as long as I use REAL Glock Magazines. When I used Korean 31 round magazines it would jam regularly.

PC Charger:

Photo May 10, 5 25 52 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

PC Carbine:

PC 9 Right w Upriser by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% thus far, using Glock factory mags and MagPul mags. About 500 rounds so far. I use the hottest ammo I can find in it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% reliable. No issues at all. I haven't found it to be picky about ammo brands either.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% so far.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
Mine works great with Magpul Glock mags and 124/115 grain projectiles. I did have trouble with some 158 Subsonic loads, but just tried those for giggles.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Mine was 100% reliable with Glock Factory Mags. It would jam every time on the second to last round using my Magpul 21-round Glock p-mag (which works flawlessly in my Glock).

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100% so far with Glock and magpul mags. Only a few hundred rounds through it yet.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a reliable platform but it is important to do the barrel nut tighten down procedure correctly. Take the weapon down, barrel off, then tighten one click. Put the barrel back on. Do that again (ie one click tighten and put back on) until it is impossible to turn the barrel back on. Now back off one click. That will be the best spot and very reliable PCC.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
Mine has been 100%. About 1k of blazer brass thru it using 15rd magpul glock mags, mostly. Never cleaned, never oiled, not even when new.

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 379 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
100% reliable with real Glock 17 magazines.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100 % reliable but have only used OEM Glock mags. That was because I had Glock mags around. I just assumed that they were all reliable... I enjoy my gun but was surprised that it hand more recoil than I expected. Not bad recoil but I expected very little.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You didn't say whether your friend's carbine was set up for Glock or Ruger magazines, and whether he was using factory or aftermarket mags. I'd be curious to know the answer.

I haven't run a ton of rounds through mine, but I haven't had a problem with it, and I've only used factory Glock mags.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Only put 34 rounds through mine before my rifle range became closed for renovations. It worked 100%. Now that the range is reopening, more visits and reliability texting to continue.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for you comments. In view of everyone’s satisfaction, my new PC9 should hopefully be arriving next week. Thanks again, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post