SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    topic: lever action calibers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

topic: lever action calibers Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have several Marlins and Winchesters, the usual flavors (.45/70, .45 Colt, etc), but the one I want I've only seen once. It was a Winchester in .41 magnum. I passed on it as the asking price was a bit steep, but I regret it. I haven't seen another.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RivahRat:
Henry 22, 327, 41 mag, and 30/30
Marlin 336 22, 30/30, and 35 Rem

Now those 327 and 41 Henry's have me swooning. I'm torn between which I want first. Seriously leaning towards the .327 in the rifle and .41 in carbine.

I have an 1895 Marlin G which I simply adore for woods hunting. The old Gov't round still getting it done after nearly 150 years.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I adore lever actions... however, I only have 1 now, fantastic Winchester 9422 XTR with factory, exibition grade stock.

Stupendous rifle.

In the past, I've had Marlin 94's Winchester 94's and Marlin 39a's

Always wanted to get into the Win. 1873, Browning 1886's, 1895's and Marlin 93 and 1936.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know if we are counting Lever Action Shotguns, but...

by Rolan_

sure shotguns are welcome

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Rossi 92 in 357 magnum...16 inch barrel...slim, short, very handy and isn't scary like an AR15...

I took it apart and stoned everything to remove burrs from manufacturing and then slathered it with valve grinding paste, cycled it about 50 times and cleaned everything off....it's smooth as buttah now

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Winchester 16" Trapper .44 mag

Marlin .444 and 45-70 (both in guide gun configuration)

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Circa 1906 Winchester 94 Standard Sporting Rifle with tang sight and ivory bead font sight in .32 Winchester Special.
Marlin 94s in .357 and .44
Marlin 336 in thutty-thutty.
Ted (where is his head) Williams 30-30.
The Yoop is full of vintage collectable Winchesters and Marlins too. Curse my feeble finances!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
No .308 Marlin Express owners in the bunch? I want one to add to the many levers I already have, but haven’t seen any in awhile.

Also, thinking of buying a new production Marlin 1895 in 45-70 with the 26” octagon barrel and full magazine. Looking at the recent production, it seems like the issues have been resolved. The one I handled seem really nice.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
waiting for the .44-40
anyone?

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marlin model 62 , 30 Carbine and 256 Winchester. Wierd , but I like them

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a .45-70 and a .357.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Henry 22magnum
Winchester 30-30
2 Winchester 9410 shotguns

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sig for all ,
care to share a picture of those shotguns?

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
.357 mag- Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited (New Haven)

.22LR- Marlin 39M Mountie (1950s)

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
.22LR Marlin/Ithaca
.22mag Ithaca
.38/357 Uberti
.32-20 Win/Marlin
.30-30 Win/Marlin
.35 Rem Marlin
.45-70 Marlin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage Model 99 in 308. Just sold a BLR in 243

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
which of the above mentioned calibers should get an asterisk ?
because they are for both handguns and shoulder fired guns

(some are obvious , others are not)

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
waiting for the .44-40
anyone?

Winchester 44-40 here.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
B I N G O !

Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Recently visited my LGS and found a Marlin lever in 44 magnum that is tempting me. Don't think it's a bad price at $640. Right now he has a bunch of lever rifles and have me wanting to buy a several. Looking to get one as truck/bush rifle instead of an AR or bolt rifle.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post