SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need help identifying this MI Handguard.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help identifying this MI Handguard. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I wanted to build a realy short barreled AR pistol, so in my search for a barrel, I came across a PSA deal on a complete upper with a 7 inch barrel and a 9 inch handguard from PSA. I know hand guards in this situation is a crap shoot, but I really like this one! I looked at MI's website twice and cant find it. Either I'm looking wrong or getting feeble sighted. Here it is. Thanks!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s the M-Lok symbol, not Midwest Industries. There are so many rails out there, you may not find the maker without contacting the builder.

Good luck!

Jim

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
SWITCH™ 556 Rail System - 9" MLOK

https://fortismfg.com/rails/sw...556-rail-system-9-ML

Older gen?

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I always thought that symbol was Midwest industries! Learn something new every day here!

It looks similar to that Switch, but the lightning holes are slightly different and there are two screws in the bottom. PSA may have had this made by Fortis?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
PSA makes them or has them made I believe. I haven't seen them elsewhere.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I am liking this hand guard. PSA did a really nice job!

Beth Greene

Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I made precisely the same mistake on my M-lok marked Palmetto PA10 rail. Doh.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post