SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rifle Optics with Green Dot in Reticle Option
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Optics with Green Dot in Reticle Option Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
I'm looking for current optics with a green dot as an option in the reticle. I'm familiar with the Leupold VX Multigun (which doesn't seem available anymore which I really wish I'd jumped on), U.S. Optics had as an option in the past but don't seem to anymore (but their website is difficult to navigate so maybe I missed it), and the Trijicon offerings (including MRO but that's not variable) which I might go for if there isn't anything better but I don't particularlly like the really thick posts of their reticles.

I'm looking for a varible optic (1-4 or 1-6) that is illuminated and NOT with a red dot.

I also appreciate that lots of folks like the red, and I like it in my Aimpoint, but I'd prefer green in my glass if that's available.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Leupold with the VX Multigun (as you mentioned) and the now discontinued Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 had green illumination.

Honestly I can't think of any others in the 1-X range. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 with Digillum has both red and green illum, but that's not really what you are looking for. All of their 1-x optics are red only.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Burris AR 332?

Bit heavy and fixed 3X but I love mine.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Trijicon Acupoint has several green dot reticles in their 1-4 and 1-6 lines

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not a magnified optic, but my Vortex Strikefire II has both green & red options.

I've found the green dot to work well indoors or with reduced light & the red dot easier outdoors or with really bright lighting.

Biggest dislike about it, is it's a bit on the bulky side. Have to remove it from the rifle to get it in a case to take to the range. No issues with holding zero, so that's a plus.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15275 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Trijicon Accupower has green too.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TR25 with the green triangle post is very functional and needs no batteries. Get ya a Scalarworks mount and you’ll be near 20 oz total and ready to rumble.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
Trijicon Accupower has green too.

Not sure why I forgot them - I even owned one for a time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm not in love with the posts on the Trijicon but have considered it. Been haunting the boards looking for a used Multigun.

Thanks!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Trijicon Accupower 1-4x24 RS24-C-1900007 meets your needs.

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...tails/rs24-c-1900007

It's a .223/5.56 calibrated BDC reticle with a small green center dot and a larger illuminated outer ring for fast acquisition. I have the red version of this (RS24-C-1900006) on my 16" barrel SCAR 16S and it's one of my favorite setups. Fast for CQB on 1X, and can ring the steel easily out to 500 yards using the reticle holds on 4X.

I've taken several carbine classes with it and it's my go-to rifle for anything from shoot houses to medium distance targets. The BDC is a perfect match for 69 grain IMI ammo out to 500 yards using a 100-yard zero. Several other 75 and 77 grain ammo options line up as well. I haven't found many better options for this use case that are also this light at only 16oz.

A few changes to the rifle since this picture but you get the idea, it's the one in the middle:

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love my Accupower 1-4. It's a lot of scope for the money. Produced in Japan.

Posts: 107497 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
So does the green circle work well as a "dot" for 1x shooting? I'd be mounting this on a SCAR 17 for close to 200 yd shooting which would meet all my needs.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold 1.25-4x Mark AR with the green Firedot on a RRA X1 5.56mm. Great scope!

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
So does the green circle work well as a "dot" for 1x shooting? I'd be mounting this on a SCAR 17 for close to 200 yd shooting which would meet all my needs.

I prefer max magnification on the FFP optics for 1X type of drills because the reticle on the ffp’s enlarge with magnification. The TR 24 & 25 are nice on 1X and they are light weight. The Khales is another SFP that is quick on 1X. The Accupower mentioned above is very fast with that donut. I don’t think any optic is faster than the EoTech and the magnifier is equally awesome but the AimPoint combo is close enough and very light weight.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Same here. I picked up a green reticle version last month when Primary Arms was blowing them out for $399.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Same here. I picked up a green reticle version last month when Primary Arms was blowing them out for $399.

That's a steal, so is it daylight visible in bright sun?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post