SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bula Defense Skunkworks reveals M14 in .450 Bushmaster, and M14 with 5/8x24 muzzle threads!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bula Defense Skunkworks reveals M14 in .450 Bushmaster, and M14 with 5/8x24 muzzle threads! Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
So the crazy guys at Bula decided to make an M14 that can be used for hunting in states where high velocity centerfire rifles are not allowed. Introducing the M14 in .450 Bushmaster. It's second from the bottom.

Since they had to redesign the gas system to accommodate the larger bore of the .45cal bullet, they went ahead and used it as the pattern for an ultra-heavy 308 barrel with 5/8X24 threads! (second from the top)

For those of you who have never messed with trying to suppress an M14 or use anything other than a standard muzzle device, we've had to use adapters to bring the muzzle up to a more common size for flash suppressors or sound suppressors. That is no longer an issue. I am sure I'll have one of my own very soon.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That'll be a thumper

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
damn those are nice, thumper for sure!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
So out of curiosity what states don't allow high velocity center fired rifles that would allow this?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Some states only allow straight walled rifle cartridges, and the 450 Bushmaster works for those states. It's a hell of a round too, out to about 200 yards.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
So out of curiosity what states don't allow high velocity center fired rifles that would allow this?

Off the top of my head, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, and Indiana. Maybe others.

These states restrict hunters to using "straight-walled cartridges". In the past, these laws basically limited hunters to just shotgun slugs and pistol cartridges, since nearly every rifle round is tapered to one extent or another, with a few exceptions, like .45-70.

But recently there have been a few new modern rifle rounds designed with straight walls, like .450 Bushmaster, which have seen a huge explosion in popularity among hunters in those areas.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:

Off the top of my head, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, and Indiana. Maybe others.

These states restrict hunting cartridges to "straight-walled cartridges". These laws basically limited hunters to shotgun slugs and pistol cartridges, since nearly every rifle round is tapered to one extent or another.

But recently there have been a few new true rifle rounds designed with straight walls, like .450 Bushmaster, which have seen a huge explosion in popularity among hunters in those areas.

Well seeming how Bula is based out of Ohio, I can see now why they made making a .450 Bushmaster M14 a priority. It seems they understand the hunter's needs very well.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Once again I've learned something new on SF.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post