SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    716 DMR Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

716 DMR Question Login/Join 
posted
Hi All,

New to the forum, have a couple of Sigs - an old Nickel slide P220 and two 516 Patrols. I'm considering a 716DMR in the very near term but have seen some crap on the net about FTF/FTE - but it seems those complaints are a couple of years old. I don't shoot rifles that much - more of a handgun guy - so I don't want to waste my time/money on anything that is not really reliable. Can you post any and all experience with the current 716DMRs, please? I would be purchasing a new weapon. Thanks!

Regards,

-Rakete --

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have one with maybe 500 rounds through it.
Never had any FT* problems.

My only complaints are:
1) The charging handle is a bitch to pull back. I'm hoping it'll get easier with use.
2) Holy balls it's heavy.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good looking' setup, tho... When did you purchase it?

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
A little under a year ago I think.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
My only complaints are:
2) Holy balls it's heavy.

Big Grin

I grinned at this. FAL shooter here (no ARs. Not personal, "platform" or caliber related). Smile

Good lookin rifle, though!

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rakete:
<snip>
crap on the net about FTF/FTE - but it seems those complaints are a couple of years old.

Were those complaints about DMR rifles?
I've got an early DMR that came with the UBR stock and I remember seeing complaints about the standard and patrol 716's but not the DMR's. A big part of my decision to go with the DMR is that it already had the features I wanted on it ... why buy the cheaper Patrol and then upgrade with 5-600 more in "options" when the stock & trigger alone made up the difference.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I also have the patrol model. This thing is a machine and eats anything I give it without a hiccup:

posted Hide Post
Hi guys - thanks for the replies. The stories never specified patrol vs DMR. Glad to hear that your experiences are good. This is giving me the confidence to plunk down the cash.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
If you're patient - Sig is supposedly releasing a gen2 model of the 716 which gets rid of the stupid quad rail and replaces it with a nice keymod rail:

Bigass picture
(edit: removed the direct pic link as it's huge)
Caption:
"Racks of the MPX Carbine and 716G2 Patrol ready for launch from our manufacturing headquarters here in Newington, New Hampshire. #madeinnh #madeinnewhampshire #siglife — at Sig Sauer."

another edit: looks like the new models are up on gunbroker now!

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
If you're patient - Sig is supposedly releasing a gen2 model of the 716 which gets rid of the stupid quad rail and replaces it with a nice keymod rail:

Bigass picture
(edit: removed the direct pic link as it's huge)
Caption:
"Racks of the MPX Carbine and 716G2 Patrol ready for launch from our manufacturing headquarters here in Newington, New Hampshire. #madeinnh #madeinnewhampshire #siglife — at Sig Sauer."

another edit: looks like the new models are up on gunbroker now!

It also scraps the 18in barrel in favor of a 16....no thanks.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Mine ran 100% as well. I never really worked it that hard either though. I sold mine a few weeks when the Gen2 models started appearing in Patrol configuration. Not wanting to be sitting on a 2k paperweight when replacement parts dry up at Sig.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are replacement parts an issue? My purchase will definitely be timing related so while I'm patient I do have a specific window. Wife is leaving the country and I will sneak it into the safe while she's gone