SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New commercial Mauser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New commercial Mauser Login/Join 
Picture of dan-o
posted
I bought a really nice commercial Mauser and I'm trying to figure out who made it. It looks like an FN, but has German eagle proof marks. Any idea who made the action?

Posts: 572 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The "Eagle N" is a commercial German proof mark. So it would be German manufacture, and therefore not a FN. But there don't seem to be any other manufacturer's markings, at least in the photos you've posted.

Likely a postwar commercial hunting rifle.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan-o
posted Hide Post
So my theory so far: FN action, purchased as a bare action by a German smith, which was then assembled and proofed in Germany. Now that I look closer, the ML on the bottom is identical to my FNs.

Posts: 572 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: May 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post