SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shot a full auto MPX today with pics of the MPX, MP5 and SBR Scorpion too.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot a full auto MPX today with pics of the MPX, MP5 and SBR Scorpion too. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
It was a Gen 2. I compared it to my SBR CZ Scorpion and a full auto MP5. As for fit and quality, the SIG and CZ seemed the same. Overall, the MP5 seemed more refined even for an older design. I liked the CZ’s trigger a little better on single shot but it has HBI trigger kit. Obviously, I couldn’t compare it to the two autos. However, I felt the MP5 had a better trigger and was easier to control. As for controls, I’m torn. I like the HK style that the CZ and obviously the MP5 have. But, the MPX has the AR15 universal control style. Accuracy for all three seemed about the same. For the the two full autos, I would say the MPX had a faster cyclic rate and was a little hard to control both through muzzle rise and cyclic rate. All in all, today was enough that I will be buying a binary trigger group for my CZ.

As an FYI, the pistol is a Beretta Nano in a RGrizzle leather Georgia Snap 2 OWB holster. Great combo but, in a shooting competition with my friend today, who had a P365, I couldn’t keep up either through trigger or capacity.

The pictures are as follows: MPX, SBR CZ, and MP5.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like an awesome day. Very cool.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a ton of fun. I've never shot a full auto 9mm.....only .45's.....a Thompson and a MAC 10...…..I get exactly what you mean by the cyclic rate...….it's a night and day difference in controllability between the Thompson and the MAC.

I'd love to get the opportunity to shoot a FA MP5 as they're such an iconic gun...…….

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
That looks like an awesome day. Very cool.

It was. I'd like to shoot a Thompson some day but local LEO don't use them anymore for some reason. Big Grin

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post