SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9mm AR Carbine triggers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm AR Carbine triggers Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
So, I have an older but not too old Colt 9mm, that I thought hey, I'll put an MBR in. Well, I got lazy and I forgot which Colts were large pin that I had, because the older ones, and the newer ones are small pin, it's the ones just before and during the ban that are large pin. Mostly. Thanks Colt, you dongs.

What do you need to put any old trigger in a 9mm carbine? A ramped bolt. If you have a Colt, chances are that the bolt isn't ramped.

Adco did mine in record time, I think they're so good at it they didn't unpack it.

You can buy another bolt, but why.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Arc, if you're running a standard hammer (non-9mm type), then yes, you should ramp the BC. Research it And I believe there are 3 types of 9mm hammers. You may have difficulty with the large pin type. I don't recall anyone but colt making 9mm parts for them (hopefully For your sake I'm wrong on that).

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I have a factory built CMMG 9mm. Will a standard AR 15 replacement trigger (ALG for example) NOT fit?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sourkraut:
I have a factory built CMMG 9mm. Will a standard AR 15 replacement trigger (ALG for example) NOT fit?

CMMG utilizes a notched BCG so any trigger group will work.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
If I understand the question correctly? Would you need the non ramp style large pin hammer such as this? http://www.specializedarmament...semi-auto-9mm-0.170/

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I wasn't asking a question, just saying that I forgot the 9mm was large pin, and had Adco ramp my bolt.

To use non-9mm hammers in a 9mm carbine, you need a ramped bolt. In the case of Colt, you may or may not have large pins, depending on the vintage of the weapon.

So if you like the meh default trigger that is standard in most Colts, you don't need to worry, but if you want to put a Jard or any other makers trigger in there, the bolt needs to be ramped.

Why does the bolt need to be ramped? If you put a different trigger group in, with an unramped bolt, you will be on your way to elongated trigger pin holes.

Because of the blowback.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have a newer (2013) Colt 6951 and they finally learned. It has a ramped bolt and stainless pins.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I have a newer (2013) Colt 6951 and they finally learned. It has a ramped bolt and stainless pins.

I think everyone has finally learned. Not sure I have seen a factory gun that is not ramped anymore that isn't New old stock.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25417 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post