SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I have sinned and went to Dicks and bought two shotguns tonight.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have sinned and went to Dicks and bought two shotguns tonight. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Long story short, I got two 20 gauge Winchester SXP shotguns. With the current rebate, I paid $185 each. My boys will be earning them this summer. I won’t talk about ammo prices but Remington Golden Bullet (which my Walther PPQ-22) really likes was just under $5 a box for 100 rounds - I cleaned them out. I feel much better now that I have confessed.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go forth and sin no more.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Go forth and sin no more.

And recite 10 "Hail John Brownings".

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YooperSigs:

And recite 10 "Hail John Brownings".

^^^^^^^^^^^
I used to have an office in JMB’s old mansion in downtown Ogden, Utah - it had a pistol range in the basement.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
So they're clearancing the guns/ammo out this time instead of destroying them? I recall when walmart stopped selling ARs and selective other gear, there were some excellent deals to be had.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
You're going to smoke a turd in Purgatory for that one.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Someone told me yesterday that they stopped by our local Dicks and everything was already gone.

They probably moved it all to the slightly less local Field and Stream and will sell it anyway, while pretending to hold the moral high ground.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
So they're clearancing the guns/ammo out this time instead of destroying them?

^^^^^^^
Correct. I was hoping they would have their Ruger 10-22s on a equivalent sale but no such luck. Nevertheless, $185 for the shottys is not bad especially as a first hunting gun- and the boys will earn them this summer so I win too.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Where's the rebate from? Instant or mail-in ?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Where's the rebate from? Instant or mail-in ?

Online. $25 for SPX and $100 for the autos.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
At least go to your locally owned gun shop and buy shells and cases for them.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t care how inexpensive something is, Dicks won’t get a penny from me. I would rather pay more than support Dicks. No freedom-loving supporter of the 2a should buy anything from them.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I promised never to shop there again, but if they offered a ridiculously cheap deal on a great gun I might reconsider. It would have to be a super deal.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of my money going to Dicks...... I don't need a deal that badly. YMMV.

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Well that was a Dick Move!!! Wink Razz There, somebody had to say it. Big Grin LOL

More seriously. You got a good deal. Good for you.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 3873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I haven't stepped foot in Dick's nor looked at their ad's so no temptation here!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
I don’t care how inexpensive something is, Dicks won’t get a penny from me. I would rather pay more than support Dicks. No freedom-loving supporter of the 2a should buy anything from them.

Same here.

They can piss up a rope.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
If they're actually losing money on the deal, I guess we can allow it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t ever really go inside Dick’s before their anti second amendment stuff.. and I still don’t go in there, but somebody is going to get the deals so if they are blowing out some guns might as well take advantage if you need whatever they have. At least the guns are going out into the public and the idiots aren’t destroying them :-)

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post