SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for a new rifle--What do you know about LMT?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a new rifle--What do you know about LMT? Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have the MRP CQB 12" piston model. It is the only AR I've ever owned or need. Bought it 10 years ago. The 12" bbl takes away some of the weight, and it swings and points like a dream. I use the Troy iron sights on it.

I have shot many other brands, home builds, etc and none match up for a CQB gun.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
LMT and Colt have been in my stable for over 10 years. LMT now is run suppressed without any issues in all these years.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
One thing I never understood about LMT is why all their offerings come with AR15 bolt carriers instead of M16 carriers. Other than that, I really like LMT.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I have several LMT's
CQB MRP Piston
CQB MRP DI
MWS .308
LM8
CSW .300 Blackout
And several barrels in piston and DI.
Quality is second to none. They make parts for other top tier manufacturers too. Colt and KAC being two of them.
They are expensive but they work. I've had one small issue and it was taken care of promptly.

website to upload images

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Damn!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
One thing I never understood about LMT is why all their offerings come with AR15 bolt carriers instead of M16 carriers. Other than that, I really like LMT.

I have a mix of AR15 and M16 carriers in my ARs. The ARs have barrels from 11" to 24", with varying length gas systems. The BCGs are a mix of brands; some are coated NiB and the like, some are parkerized. I have shot factory ammo of various brands with bullets weighing between 40 and 77 grains. Originally I shot unsuppressed, but virtually all my shooting is suppressed now.

I have never seen a difference in function, reliability, or accuracy between the AR15 and M16 carriers. They all shoot as they are supposed to.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said LMT is the choice of the British Military as well as New Zealand. Maybe others, but consider the Brits and Kiwi's could have had H&K or anything else they wanted but they went DI and LMT. Both my lowers are LMT, the older one uses all issues of Mag Pull P-mags but the newer one favors Gen3 over Gens 1&2. Of course Milspec and Lancer fit fine.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I have an LMT 10.5 inch 5.56/223 upper on a Stag lower. LMT makes great stuff.

And yes I have the tax stamp to keep me legal.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they are made in Iowa Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
LMT makes superb weapons. I have several in 5.56 and .308 calber.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
they are made in Iowa Smile

They are now.

The two MRPs I bought through Flork's SIGforum group buy were made on the other side of the river.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post