SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    There's just something about Lego's ... and AR's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There's just something about Lego's ... and AR's Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I really didn't think I'd put together another AR ... but again I was wrong ... I'm 60, I should be used to it by now.

Anyway, I was at our local fun show, and there were a couple dealers with Nekkid AR's ... no finish, or at least that's what it looked like. I was looking for something unusual (as always) and I kind of like the look of the Nekkid AR's ... one dealer had somehow just removed the finish, another looked finished in a dull silver as you would expect aluminum to look, then maybe put a clear coat of something one it ... they all wanted stupid money for them ... one was $1100 and the other was $1400 and they seemed to be built of generic parts.

On my way out, a parts dealer had a Nekkid AR upper ... for $450, no muzzle device, bolt or CH. Of course he asked if he could help me and I told him I was just admiring his Nekkid AR Upper. Very quickly he whipped out his calculator and said that for the complete upper, it was only $660 ... and he would do that "out the door" (Yay! ... no)

I told him I only had $400 left, of course he said "We're not even close" ... I told him "I know, I was just admiring it."

Then he whipped out his calculator again and said he could do it for $480 ... to that I pulled out my billfold and said this is all I've got $413.

He grumbled some more, something about it being the end of the show (which it was) and that he hadn't done very well (all the other dealers had said it had been an unusually good show)
and if I wanted it I could have it for the $413 plus tax (which is nearly 10% where I live)

I told him $413 is it ...

Then yesterday I went to my favorite pawn/gun shop because had a spare receiver and all the lower parts except a trigger guard ... I have the original flat ones but I like the Magpul curved ones ... so I went in and BEHOLD a Nekkid AR lower ... made in my home state!

So I bought the receiver and the trigger guard I came in for ... but obviously I didn't pay enough attention because the guard was DrkGRN ... Dark Green. It didn't say that on the package.

But here it is anyway ... my Nekkid AR

I had to put a picitinny rail adapter on it for my bipod ... but it was also hanging on my wall!

*Edited for spelling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Nekkid AR=gun pron

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Nekkid AR=gun pron

Didn't realize I'd spelled Nekkid wrong ...

posted Hide Post
Interesting build. What are you going to do fora trigger guard?

I am hopelessly addicted to building AR's.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Interesting build. What are you going to do fora trigger guard?

I am hopelessly addicted to building AR's.

This Smile

There are so many options and manufacturers it's mind boggling!

Back in the day ... the 80's, I was satisfied with a A2 CAR, an A2 20 ... Then I picked up a Colt blue and green label ... then when the domestic ban looked like it was going to happen, Colt led the neutered way, and I bought a Match Target, still had a 7.5pound trigger but no flash hider, no bayonet lug, a sear block and came with 2 10 round mags ... That's when I started buying kits & receivers ... That's before uppers came assembled and I quickly learned to put a touch of grease on all the little parts ... I regress, but putting all those little pieces together was half the fun! I haven't put together an A2 rear sight in over a decade, but I'm thinking if I bought one it would have ZERO resale when I die ... but I still have a couple from "back in the day" for if I ever start shooting CMP Service Rifle again.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
OMG.
I know what you mean. I just put a SAGE EBR stock onto a M1A scout. Why? Somebody gave me the stock--I had to do it. Not a LEGO kit. Relaxation therapy.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post