SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Buy Cheap get Cheap. Anderson lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy Cheap get Cheap. Anderson lower Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
So I put a couple of Anderson lowers together from when they were $29.00 at Primary. sequentially numbered, multi cal lowers. One works perfectly, the other won’t accept any magazines I have. It looks beveled perfectly, just too small.

How is primary with replacing stuff? It gets aggravating when the transfers cost nearly the cost of the lower.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know the answer to your question, but I bought an Anderson lower a year or ago and the front pivot pin was not drilled straight. My uppers would bind when I tried to close the rifle.

I tried (email) contacting Anderson a few times with no response. I said fuck'em and moved on. I have had great luck with Aero.

I have 3 Anderson's in my safe from a couple of years ago that I will probably just sell off.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
It happens, unfortunately. More often with certain brands, less bordering on never with others that have tight control on manufacturing and quality. But yes, you could pay up to 10x the price for one of those. You could always convert it to pistol caliber with a mag block.

I have an Aero that's really tight, haven't gotten around to contacting them about it. And several lowers that won't drop thicker mags like the Magpul M3's.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've got seven of the Anderson lowers, and I checked them for magazine fit before I accepted them at the FFL. All were good, but I've heard of them being too tight. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It can happen - always check lowers before you accept them - I had an Aero Precision that would take metal 30rd magazines no problem, but PMAGs and straight 20 metal mags were a no go.

Aero Precision took it back and fixed it for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of spec Anderson lowers...
Imagine that.

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Happens to the best of them... sometimes it is out of spec and sometimes the anodizing is too thick.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I had an Anderson upper that was so fucked, I laughed out loud at how it even shipped. The top rear portion of the picatinny had no picatinny and was raw unmachined aluminum.

I REALLY like the two Anderson lowers I have. They are perfect in every way.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have three Andersons (have a local source where I can get them for $35 otd), and apart from having to clean up a little flashing in the bolt stop channel, they've been flawless. I can't justify paying 3-4 times the price for name brand when these work just as well.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
Out of spec Anderson lowers...
Imagine that.

Exactly.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have used Andersons, PSA, Aero Precision and a few higher priced billet lowers with no issues.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I have three Andersons (have a local source where I can get them for $35 otd), and apart from having to clean up a little flashing in the bolt stop channel, they've been flawless. I can't justify paying 3-4 times the price for name brand when these work just as well.

I got one I’ll sell ya, cheap.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I imagine most of us have taken a ride with the Poverty Pony lowers Big Grin

Built a few AR's off them. Not a hater by any means, but I'll stick with higher priced options in the future.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard of folks have problems on other sites, but I've probably used 8 or 10 Anderson lowers over the last few years and haven't ran into any issues yet.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post