SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Current E0Tech's, still issues ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Current E0Tech's, still issues ? Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
Looking around for Black Friday deals, and wonder if there are still issues with current production EOTech's, specifically XPS2 models.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MidwayUSA has a decent sale now plus a rebate. Technical issues appear to have been worked out - meaning they are as good or better than other red dots for parallax and thermal drift. Others here will have more knowledge on the technical aspects than me.

Sometime in the next few months here in north Texas we will have some of those ‘75 degree days one day and 20 degrees the next day’ and I hope I get a chance to do a little outdoors testing.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Apparently the folks who buy our gear believe the issues are fixed. We all had our EOTechs, mostly model 552 sights, replaced with brand new XPS sights over the last few months.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
folks who buy our gear

They're some weapons experts for SURE!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
folks who buy our gear

They're some weapons experts for SURE!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

At the very least they’re experts on snatching up a deal where they pay you to use their product.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that tried like hell to make his EOtech thermal drift and he couldn’t replicate the problem. Based on his torture tests I decided to keep mine.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I have a friend that tried like hell to make his EOtech thermal drift and he couldn’t replicate the problem. Based on his torture tests I decided to keep mine.

I tried all winter long but never had temps below 15 degrees to see if there was drift. It was spot on. I kept my Eotech 552 and have been quite happy with it.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old ones work great. As I said before if it gets too hot or too cold, I go home. Not many of us are required to stay when the weather turns ugly.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Eotech had a +\- 7 moa shift in impact, that is 14" at 100 yards. I took there 100% refund and call it fair. Time will tell if I will try there product again.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. Will watch Black Friday, see what I do.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post