SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    WCA 551 with some modern updates/changes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WCA 551 with some modern updates/changes Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I had a spare Sig Grey duracoated 556 lower sitting around and recently got a 556XI adapter and MCX skeleton stock. Decided to put it on to see how it looks...sort of a mix of old and new but makes for a nice backup STANAG setup on the 551.

Love it? Hate it? (I'm still on the fence.)

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Scandalous Big Grin I like it. I'd get it cerakoted in some cool camouflage pattern for shits n gigs.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like it too!

I did the same thing with my SBR'd P556 except used a 556Xi lower and I put a MPX retractable stock on it because I though you could shoot it with the stock collapsed but you can't so I kinda wish I'd used the MCX retractable stock as its a bit longer.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heckler
posted Hide Post
The magazine looks a little ghetto, but otherwise, looks good Smile Smile

Posts: 227 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Closest thing to Swiss mags...figured it was more fitting than a plain ole USGI mag

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I like that a lot.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm out, but you did a nice job. Always hated the rounded edge at the mag well... Just doesn't look SIG SAN

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that is an awesome looking gun.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome, I second getting it cerakoted in a cool camo pattern for shits n gigs

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Resale value on the WCA is too high to do that but I do have a normal 556 getting Swiss alpenflage camo at the moment. Hopefully, it gets done this year.

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
looks great!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post