SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Question re Magpul 9mm Magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re Magpul 9mm Magazines Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Martin-who-works-with-me is a member here but does not post.

He asked me to pose a question on his behalf: Has anybody used Magpul magazines with a Palmetto Arms 9mm carbine?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
I do, both the 17rd and 21rd versions. No problems.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a PSA 9mm AR and a 21 round Magpul 9mm magazine. The mag function flawlessly in that gun. Interestingly, it consistently causes a failure to feed on the second-to-last round (and the second-to-last round only) in my Ruger PC carbine. I now use only factory Glock mags in that gun, and those work fine.

Posts: 8542 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
My Palmetto 9mm AR has done well with magpul mags, ETS and factory Glock mags. No problems at all.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you shoot a lot of steel cased ammo, the Glock PMAGs may eventually give you trouble.

The extra friction with the steel vs the polymer can start to slow the rounds upward travel (to the point I have watched it take 2-3 seconds for the round to feed upward after flicking the top round off.

Magpul suggested cleaning the mags and applying a light coat of lube inside the mags to correct the issue - but I just went back to all OEM with the prices down in the $18-ish range.

But brass has always worked fine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies to date.

It sounds as if there are no problems other than Rhino's caution about steel case ammunition, but that won't be a factor since Martin loads his own 9mm, so it's all brass cases.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If you shoot a lot of steel cased ammo, the Glock PMAGs may eventually give you trouble.

The extra friction with the steel vs the polymer can start to slow the rounds upward travel (to the point I have watched it take 2-3 seconds for the round to feed upward after flicking the top round off.

Magpul suggested cleaning the mags and applying a light coat of lube inside the mags to correct the issue - but I just went back to all OEM with the prices down in the $18-ish range.

But brass has always worked fine.

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding OEM Glock mags for $18?

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Brownells with the usual 10% off codes and the place that shall not be names (apparently).

At Brownells you have to search around, sometimes the better price is the tan / FDE mags for around $21 per, with 10% off you are at 18.90.

Sometimes the ten packs of G19/17 mags are on sale for $189.99 and they let you take 10% off that (but sometimes they don't let you, but I've always been able).

That really convinced me to go all OEM. Sure a $12-14 PMAG beats a $25 OEM, but if you get OEMs for $18-20, I start to lose the attraction to Glock PMAGS.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a PA but I do have a glock lower from another vendor and the magpul ones have occasional issues (normally at the very end of the mag) that I don't get with the OEM mags.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Brownells with the usual 10% off codes and the place that shall not be names (apparently).

At Brownells you have to search around, sometimes the better price is the tan / FDE mags for around $21 per, with 10% off you are at 18.90.

Sometimes the ten packs of G19/17 mags are on sale for $189.99 and they let you take 10% off that (but sometimes they don't let you, but I've always been able).

That really convinced me to go all OEM. Sure a $12-14 PMAG beats a $25 OEM, but if you get OEMs for $18-20, I start to lose the attraction to Glock PMAGS.

Thanks.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post