SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 516G2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516G2 Login/Join 
posted
Just purchased a SIG516 (haven’t received it yet), and am looking to add sights. Any suggestion on what to add? Different brands, types etc..

Posts: 5 | Location: California  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Troy makes some good quality back-up iron sights, and I've seen some good sales on them lately (Primary Arms and others). There are many other good sights out there, and I'm sure you will get a dozen different recommendations. I would recommend going with steel sights as opposed to plastic.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The ones that ship from Sig are very nice all ready...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
The ones that ship from Sig are very nice all ready...

^This

Posts: 76 | Location: Gardnerville, NV. | Registered: April 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple of Sig Romeo 5 sights and pleased so far. Otherwise I like the Trijicon MRO and ACOG. Have a Meprolight Red Dot that is decent too.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Troys and an ACOG on my 516. Good, solid set up.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Own two 516s; one G1, the other an early G2. I've gone from red dots to scopes and back to red dots on the G1. Currently has a RMR on a ADM QD with MBUS Pro backup sights. The G2 has KAC micro irons with a T-1 Micro. I have a 1-4x24 Accupoint on a 1-pc QD mount in reserve for those times I wish to push things out farther. But generally weight is the enemy these days so I like smaller sight solutions whenever possible.

Aside, but related: I also keep looking at those Lancer handguards for my rifles as well, but I really don't like the idea of my rifle trying to look like the hood of a fart-tubed Civic ricer. But that's what rattle can Krylon is for, I guess...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post