SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA MP5?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA MP5? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Ar style front sight post for elevation and windage on the rear sight. Apparently this is backwards from the original?

On the standard MP5s, the front sight is fixed and the rear sight was adjustable for both windage and elevation, with a tool.

If PSA is going to make the sights non-standard, they may as well cut off the top half of the front sight hood as it gets in the way if you want to use an optic.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That looks like a paddle release to me, and takes HK mags Cool

I am interested in this new one from PSA. Price wise, the guy says it will be significantly less than the competition.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16662 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
It looks awesome, as does the JAKL. And a $300 glock clone with a lifetime warranty? I love PSA!

gw3971, thanks for posting that video!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
WOW PSA is killing it with the $299 Glock clone pistol, JAKL,and MP5!

Magpul releasing a Savage model 10/110 stock this year. FINALLY

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since the trigger pack was shown to be magpul and those are not till late in the year, I'm guessing this available in Feb etc. seems odd...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Magpul could certainly be meeting a contract with PSA prior to their own public release...they’ll also get to gauge popularity and end user feedback. Not saying I have direct knowledge but that seems to make sense in the same way other companies prioritize their LE and mil contracts.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

End of this video(15:20) gets into the PSA5 with a little more detail from one of the design engineers.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think what we got out of that is december 2020 would be an OK date? and nobody knows the price.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
And another video with the PSA5. Go to 16:39 and they show tow different models?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like the same PSA MP5 but with different SBA braces.

See here and it's either the HKPDW or SBT5 version.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/pr...t-category/brace/#hk

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Looks like the same PSA MP5 but with different SBA braces.

See here and it's either the HKPDW or SBT5 version.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/pr...t-category/brace/#hk

Yeah, I noticed the different braces. The first model had a pic rail on top and the second did not. The first video posted on this thread referred to the rail being "welded" on top by one of the design engineers. I'm curious about the difference.

posted Hide Post
you can easily see rail differences by looking at for example HK MP5 (no rail) and PTR MP5 clone welded rail. Me personally I hope they weld one as its just one more thing you don't have to buy. The one I use on my HK was $200. FWIW

posted Hide Post
The purists will be mad about a welded rail, but most of those folks are probably more interested in an SP5 or a Zenith anyway.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
looks like it will be two models. one with a welded rail. one without the rail like the original gun.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/di...-mp5-shot-show-2020/

posted Hide Post
Button or paddle,rail or no rail, I don't care, PSA just make them and TAKE MY MONEY. Just when I thought I was content with my little collection, PSA does this. I might have to put them as a reason on my divorce papers. Very exciting to see something like this come to fruition.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When somebody is way late, won't actually commit to a price or delivery date. When the video of the development guy says anytime in 2020 would be a win, I'm guessing we aren't in for this anytime soon, at least in volume. But that's just my take. I won't get excited till they tell me is 50% of a PTR, a known benchmark. Then I'm in.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting a long time for them to release this. I'm guessing 2021.
I'll still buy it. I'll get a JAKL in 300blk when it releases to tie me over.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post