SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Torque recommendations for Vortex SPARC II?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torque recommendations for Vortex SPARC II? Login/Join 
posted
I just got one of these and am quite impressed with it. However, other mounts I own have a recommended torque setting for clamping the mount to the rail, but the SPARC II does not. Does anyone have a recommended torque setting for this mount?

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I just snugged mine up.
It has never moved.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
I just snugged mine up.
It has never moved.

Same here for the Sparc, Trijicon MRO and scopes. Usually just get is tightened down until slight resistance and then another quarter turn.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Usually just get is tightened down until slight resistance and then another quarter turn.

This, if you want to be exact... this is right around 30 in/lbs.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I contacted Vortex with this question and they responded with,

Thanks for choosing Vortex Optics! Excellent question- we recommend no more than 20 in./lbs. without Loctite on those screws. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

Andy Gomez
Vortex Optics | Customer Care
2120 W. Greenview Drive 
Middleton, WI 53562
tel:  800.426.0048 ext. 480
web: www.vortexoptics.com

The only reason I wanted to know is because during the winter months I will take this red dot off and mount my scope on it to hunt coyotes, which has a mount with a specified torque of 65 in./lbs. (I do 60). I've found that when I torque a mount to the same spec each time, the optic never needs adjustment. Probably not a big deal at all for a red dot sight where it's not used for long distance shooting, but, since I have a torque wrench, might as well put it back on the same way each time.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post