SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Keltec Sub 2000 Gen2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec Sub 2000 Gen2 Login/Join 
Member!
posted
Whatcha think about this PCC? Anything I should be aware of?

Just picked up a used one as a motorcycle camping rifle (at least that's my justification!). Takes my Glock mags so I don't have to spend more! Being able to fit into my motorcycle rack luggage is the primary concern. Beyond that though, I find it's a pretty neat and fun little shooter. Best I can do is 7-8 inch groups with cheap 9mm ammo at 100 prone, which is really mediocre compared to the groups I can do with my other iron sight rifles, but they also all have MUCH better iron sights and triggers. Unfortunately, they don't fold into a 16" x 6" package that only weighs 4.25lbs.. Heck it's lighter than my Ruger 10/22. I sighted in at 20 yards 1-2 inch groups rested on my motorcycle seat and was right on at 100 yards. Shot about 200 rounds and only had one failure to eject and that was with 1 out of 10 rounds of aluminum ammo which were loose in my ammo bag. Worked perfectly with the various brass ammo. Later read that aluminum case ammo sucks in open bolt PCC's.

I noticed that there are a lot of nice aftermarket accessories, like trigger, springs, metal take down piece, etc, but that stuff added up quick on my browse list and in the end I didn't want to spend another couple hundred on it trying to make a silk purse from pig ears even though I love tinkering with stuff.

I did find out that some evil magic built into the 33 round Glock magazine makes your trigger finger twitch as fast as it can and puts a smile on the face, even though all of the shots are missing! Perhaps a comp would help with the muzzle rise from the light front end, but then again, that would add another inch or two and it would no longer fit inside my motorcycle luggage :-(..

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan. I don't have any aftermarket accessories except for the flash hider. This is in the boot of my SUV.

The thing has just been reliable with 0 problems for me in about 1,000 rounds fire thus far. I know it's not the most expensive or pretty rifle, but for my purposes it just works.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
The Gen 1 has been my trunk gun and Steel Challenge competition carbine for a few years now. No failures of any kind with it. Brass ammo works very well. It has only failed to feed when exceptionally dirty. I am somewhere between 4-5,000 rounds on mine.
Yes, the accessories can be mind (and wallet) numbing. The only add-ons I've made are the extended stock piece from Kel-Tec (gives a little more reach to the shoulder), and the excellent fiber optic front sight from Tandemkross.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Love my gen 2 Glock.

It’s a great little shooter.

I added a variety of pieces from Mcarbo...bolt tube cover, recoilless chargIng handle, muzzle break, recoil buffer, etc

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec...000-accessories.aspx

Check those guys out. They are an easy to do business with veteran owned company.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have a gen 1 that takes Sig P226 mags and a gen 2 that takes Glock 19 mags. I love the platform. It works. No issues.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
That's very nice remsig thanks for sharing.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am starting to change my thinking on these as they are nice and compact to have around.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
That's very nice remsig thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. This weekend I will add a few velcro straps for the rifle as my boys and I area about to drive to OKC and I don't want to listen to it banging around in the boot half way across the country Big Grin

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift: How are those ETS 40rd mags working out for you? I bought a couple when they first came out, but I'm yet to actually go try them out yet.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Slight thread drift: How are those ETS 40rd mags working out for you? I bought a couple when they first came out, but I'm yet to actually go try them out yet.

Smudge,

The ones I have hold 31, but I have a hard time getting more than about 30 in them. They've been good for me. Last year my friend's daughter was shooting the Kel Tech at an indoor range. When I inserted the mag after loading it didn't seat all the way and I didn't realize it. When I went to charge the rifle the mag dropped and seemed to explode into a million pieces. After looking around I was able to find all the pieces and put it back together and it has been good ever since.

My experience with them has been very positive. They are 1/3 of what the Glock mags costs too.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I owned one and it worked great. Only problem was recoil was severe enough (more than a 5.56 M4) that it wasn't fun after awhile.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are remarkable little guns for what they are. I had a 9mm and it was always reliable and accurate "enough". Things I didn't like were that the sights were positioned so low that I struggled to get my head low enough to see through them. Recoil.... I know it sounds strange , but the recoil of these little blowback 9mm carbines is more than one might expect. Not horrible but more than expected. Tandemcross or Keltec actually sells a heavier bolt for recoil reduction and it does help !

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post