SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Pulled Out My Johnson
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pulled Out My Johnson Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Pride of my surplus collection. Dutch contract B code rifle. One day I'll swap out the Mauser sling Big Grin Any of its siblings around here?

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3594 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’m envious...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice, knew it wasn’t an outboard.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Beautiful specimen.

Be careful not to dent that magazine.

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Damn. I was hoping to see a pic of your Johnson as soon as I saw the thread title.

Sir, your Johnson does not disappoint.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
andy
I have a chance to buy a johnson that was sent to peru.1000 were sent there in 7x57 caliber.Is 4000 to much.gun is correct with sling.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
andy
I have a chance to buy a johnson that was sent to peru.1000 were sent there in 7x57 caliber.Is 4000 to much.gun is correct with sling.

Are you sure it’s a Peru gun? The only 7mm’s I know of that were made were for Chile. Still a 1000 made in that case. If it’s all there and not sporterized I would think it’s worth every bit of 4K. The last 30-06 models I’ve seen sell went for 7-9k at Rock Island. Seems the 7mm would be an even more rare bird. I like the 7mm cartridge. Might be worth it to post in the Johnson forum or the CMP forum. I’m far from an expert

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3594 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

Sir, your Johnson does not disappoint.

That’s the kind of positivity I need in my life Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Cool rifle.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Man, I'd love to fire that! What a piece of history!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

"Clickbait title" rule will be withheld.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, but I thought it would be bigger.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my Grail Guns. I have wanted, have lust for one of those forever!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For time to time, I think I have a nice collection of guns. Then something like this is posted. The Korean vets were cool too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16060 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I definitely dont know my surplus guns - i hd to look up the Johnson. What an interesting gun!! And a beauitful example you have. Thanks for the education!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have read about them but never knew anybody with one.
Thanks for the photos.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Does a Reising 50 count as a sibling?

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Pride of my surplus collection. Dutch contract B code rifle. One day I'll swap out the Mauser sling Big Grin Any of its siblings around here?

Nice looking rifle.

I have no idea why someone would or could turn that into this "custom": https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794135216

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Nice! I passed on one many many years ago.... big mistake! But I did buy an M1C for under $700!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post