SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    300 upper reciever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 upper reciever Login/Join 
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted
I find myself after now completing my handgun collection, outside of a few other models, im working on my rifles. I'm looking for an 300 blackout upper, since it seems they will work with a 556 lower. Any brands that people favor, work well, are pieces of shit, anything like that? Yes, its going to be a franken15

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I bought a Hardened Arms complete 300 upper, I did not want to spend a whole lot before I knew I would like the round. I have been super happy and have not upgraded, but if I were to upgrade it would be to a BCM 9" with KMR rail.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State is inexpensive and works well.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Palmetto State is inexpensive and works well.
Bruce

A second vote for the PSA upper. Mine has performed quite well and I'm very happy with it. While not necessarily top tier, it can be considered the gateway drug for more higher-end uppers if you like the caliber and decide to build different configurations. I got hooked with a cheap Black Friday deal from PSA and built a pistol. Now I have another 8" upper (SOTA) waiting to be put on an SBR. So be careful, the versatility can be addicting!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I find myself after now completing my handgun collection,

No handgun collection is complete without a .300 BO pistol. Wink

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post